MVPhee | The Boneyard

MVPhee

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Lou getting alot of well deserved coverage with her European Success but it seems Pheesa is storming the Bastille in France

Appreciate others navigating the international coverage to get us up to date

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Speaking of Phee and MVPs, when Seattle plays Minnesota, Phee takes the Stewie matchup personally. Most people regard Stewie as the top player in the world, but Phee doesn't take a back seat to anyone. I expect her to be in the top-5 in MVP voting this season. I also expect to see her on the Olympic team.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Speaking of rings, did she ever get married? I know she got engaged.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Lou getting alot of well deserved coverage with her European Success but it seems Pheesa is storming the Bastille in France

Anyone here surprised Pheesa is finding success overseas, I’m not. ? That’s who she is. That’s what she does.

Reaction Score
Speaking of Phee and MVPs, when Seattle plays Minnesota, Phee takes the Stewie matchup personally. Most people regard Stewie as the top player in the world, but Phee doesn't take a back seat to anyone. I expect her to be in the top-5 in MVP voting this season. I also expect to see her on the Olympic team.
ESPN has her as the fifth best player in the WNBA, after Stewie, Wilson, Della Donne and Parker.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Honorary Huskie McBride conquers Turkey

Reaction Score

Who is she playing for?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Those French announcers, they never shut up!
france kiss GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
The Lynx can't get Napheesa back soon enough! Blew a double-digit lead in the fourth, losing by double digits.

Two things I don't understand: Why KMac was able to play a couple of hours of getting off the plane, but Napheesa has to wait for six consecutive days of negative tests. And why Dangerfield isn't starting. I'd think they'd want a true point guard on the court at the beginning. Neither Powers nor KMac fits the bill IMO.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
The Lynx can't get Napheesa back soon enough! Blew a double-digit lead in the fourth, losing by double digits.

Two things I don't understand: Why KMac was able to play a couple of hours of getting off the plane, but Napheesa has to wait for six consecutive days of negative tests. And why Dangerfield isn't starting. I'd think they'd want a true point guard on the court at the beginning. Neither Powers nor KMac fits the bill IMO.
Dangerfield started the first game but not the third because she did not score in the second game. At least, that was what the announcers indicated.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Dangerfield started the first game but not the third because she did not score in the second game. At least, that was what the announcers indicated.
She didn't start the second game either. She certainly made up for that game; she and Syl pretty much carried them last game. They don't play again for quite awhile, hope Collier is available by then.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
She didn't start the second game either. She certainly made up for that game; she and Syl pretty much carried them last game. They don't play again for quite awhile, hope Collier is available by then.
Thank you. I did not know she did not start the second game. Based on what I've seen, they need Collier in a bad way. The other players don't look very good at this point, even Dantas (sp).

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The Lynx (i.e. Cheryl) are very happy Pheesa has been cleared and is practicing.

Could Collier be the missing link to Lynx success? - StarTribune.com

The Lynx now have a week to integrate Collier into a lineup that includes newcomers Kayla McBride and Aerial Powers. And it's a process, she said, that won't take long. "Like, no time,'' she said. "The game is so simple for Phee. And she's going to make those guys look good.''

Reeve said Collier's impact goes beyond her basketball skills. Her nonstop effort will push the team.

"I know Phee will take it upon herself to be a leader, in terms of the effort areas, the things it takes to win possessions and win games. I think we've missed that at times. We talk about multiple efforts, sometimes it's sprinting back and breaking up a transition play. Phee has that will and that play is contagious.''

One of the league's best two-way players, Collier was ranked by ESPN as a top-five player in its WNBA season preview. But again, Reeve said, Collier's impact will go beyond her three-point shot, her movement without the ball, her defensive prowess.

"Phee never stops moving,'' Reeve said. "You talk about effort, that's what the great ones do. There is a fine line between winning and losing, between good teams vs. great teams. What do they have? Players willing to give maximum effort at all times. And they accept nothing less than that.''

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
The Lynx (i.e. Cheryl) are very happy Pheesa has been cleared and is practicing.

One of the league's best two-way players, Collier was ranked by ESPN as a top-five player in its WNBA season preview. But again, Reeve said, Collier's impact will go beyond her three-point shot, her movement without the ball, her defensive prowess.
I'm still baffled that someone can be a top-five player in the league after two years, but wasn't even top-five in her class in the draft. I'm not complaining, I think Reeve and Minnesota are the right coach/team for her.

Reaction Score

Apparently McBride was cleared by a separate set of rules because she was determined to have gotten and recovered from COVID. I did not hear about any other players that were covered by that as there were quite a few outbreaks on overseas teams. Her opponents in the Turkish finals reportedly had 17 cases in the same outbreak out of a group of about 30 team personnel.

Napheesa did have an interesting situation as she and Myisha Hines-Allen both flew back to the United States between the regular season and playoffs to receive their first doses of the vaccine and had to sit out the first game in the quarterfinals to quarantine.

Reaction Score
I wasn’t sure how well Collier’s game would translate to the W and I don’t know that I can recall a time where I’ve missed the mark by so much. She’s legitimately a first-team player in a league that includes Wilson, Stewart, EDD, Griner, etc.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I wasn’t sure how well Collier’s game would translate to the W and I don’t know that I can recall a time where I’ve missed the mark by so much. She’s legitimately a first-team player in a league that includes Wilson, Stewart, EDD, Griner, etc.
You are not alone. Especially on defense. But Cheryl knew she was special and Pheesa is very lucky she landed in a spot with a coach so similar to Geno. Cheryl would be the ultimate replacement for Geno (Just dreaming)

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Apparently McBride was cleared by a separate set of rules because she was determined to have gotten and recovered from COVID. I did not hear about any other players that were covered by that as there were quite a few outbreaks on overseas teams. Her opponents in the Turkish finals reportedly had 17 cases in the same outbreak out of a group of about 30 team personnel.

Napheesa did have an interesting situation as she and Myisha Hines-Allen both flew back to the United States between the regular season and playoffs to receive their first doses of the vaccine and had to sit out the first game in the quarterfinals to quarantine.
Thanks for that info.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom