MVP Tina Charles at it again... | The Boneyard

MVP Tina Charles at it again...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
17 points, 9 rebounds, 2 assists at the end of the 3rd quarter. She's easily been the most consistent player this season bar none and is having another great game. She's been amazing all year including the Olympics. What a special player!

Nice game so far by Tiff too - 7 points and 6 boards off the bench... And how about Kalana Greene with 10 points!

Reaction Score
She got robbed of the award last season (the league decided to give Catchings a lifetime achievement award), but there's really no argument for anyone else this season. If, for instance, Parker wins it, it will be 100% because of her looks/marketability.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
She got robbed of the award last season (the league decided to give Catchings a lifetime achievement award), but there's really no argument for anyone else this season. If, for instance, Parker wins it, it will be 100% because of her looks/marketability.
I tend to agree with you, altho there are several worthy candidates for WNBA 1st team including McCaughtry, Parker, Moore, Catch, Pondexter, and maybe even Prince or Tolliver. But no one has been as consistent or impressive as Charles all season long.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Tina is much nicer looking in my view than her rival....not that it matters. All relative in that category. But the consistency is what should win her the honor.

Reaction Score
If, for instance, Parker wins it, it will be 100% because of her looks/marketability.

Parker isn't exactly chopped liver. She's had a fine season, but Tina's had an amazing season.

cferraro04

Sensei
Reaction Score
I remember when they introduced the Beatles...for the first time...Paul McCartney wasn't married and they introduced him has available...and the girls went crazy... Paul's popularity went through the roof.

Well.....

Candace is a married woman... Tina is avaiiiiiiiiiiiiiilable!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score

100%? Really?

Reaction Score

Charles was very much a volume shooter last season. To suggest she was robbed and that Catchings was given a lifetime achievement award is so completely absurd that I won't address it any further.

Reaction Score
Charles was very much a volume shooter last season. To suggest she was robbed and that Catchings was given a lifetime achievement award is so completely absurd that I won't address it any further.
Blah blah blah blah.

Catching is one of my three favorite players ever, but she was not good at all last year (for her standards).

Charles wasn't efficient, but she shot 46.8% from the floor. That's not good for a center, but it's not horrible either. By contrast, Catchings shot 43.8%...also not horrible for a SF, but still not very good. Charles was far more dominant overall, though.

Reaction Score
When you factor in 3-point shooting Catchings effective FG% last season was 48% compared to Tina's 47%. Now add in for free throws both in terms of getting to the line and making those free throws and the difference is even more stark. Tina true shooting percentage was 50% when everything is combined for 2011. Tamika's TS% was 56%. We can add in offensive rebounding and passing as well and the statistics would still say that Catchings had a significantly more productive and efficient offense season in 2011 than Tina did.

An argument can still be made that Tina should have been the MVP, but there isn't one to be made based on statistics.

Blah blah blah blah.

Catching is one of my three favorite players ever, but she was not good at all last year (for her standards).

Charles wasn't efficient, but she shot 46.8% from the floor. That's not good for a center, but it's not horrible either. By contrast, Catchings shot 43.8%...also not horrible for a SF, but still not very good. Charles was far more dominant overall, though.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

Promise?

Reaction Score
When you factor in 3-point shooting Catchings effective FG% last season was 48% compared to Tina's 47%. Now add in for free throws both in terms of getting to the line and making those free throws and the difference is even more stark. Tina true shooting percentage was 50% when everything is combined for 2011. Tamika's TS% was 56%. We can add in offensive rebounding and passing as well and the statistics would still say that Catchings had a significantly more productive and efficient offense season in 2011 than Tina did.

An argument can still be made that Tina should have been the MVP, but there isn't one to be made based on statistics.

No response, UConn990411? You seemed awfully sure that Charles was robbed...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom