Must Read: UConn Football Set Up To Fail By People Who Need To Support It Most | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Must Read: UConn Football Set Up To Fail By People Who Need To Support It Most

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If y’all wanna listen to a BC grad tell you what the problems are when he doesn’t mention ya know... BFriggingC - knock yourselves out. Guy is the biggest clown of all the UConn writers.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
I am no Benedict guy but he didn’t ‘get rid of Joe D’.
Yeah, that was odd to put in there. It’s taking a business decision to go on the cheap and put us on FM and pod cast over WTIC.Joe D contractually obligated to WTIC. Makes it sound personal the way DiMauro writes it.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
@jimmyserrano has a message for the FB now too

for the blow hards that mocked him for saying this day was coming you can go blank his blank.

Reaction Score
Boston College's position on UConn had more to do than whatever got reported re: Louisville "out-maneuvering" us.

You've got your timelines mixed up. BC didn't play a major part in Louisville getting that invite over us.

Reaction Score
Louisville being a football school had 10000x more to do it with anything to do with BC or "penciled in" or anything like that.

Clemson, FSU, VTech, Miami wanted a football school, and they generate the ACC money. Period.

Comma, Question Mark? Exclamation Point! Semi-Colon;

Reaction Score
Definition of die-hard from Merriam Webster: strongly or fanatically determined or devoted
You're not a die-hard UConn fan and never were. A die hard fan would never have a foot out the door. You got wrapped up in the NIT run and the championship years and quit on the team when they finally hit on hard times. That's the definition of fair weather.
The Knicks have had bad years and bad management (see James Dolan), but you've stuck with them, so you are a die hard Knicks fan.

LOL! 26 years is far more than half of my life. If you consider that fair weather I don't know what to tell you. The Knicks and Redskins have been poorly managed. What's happened at UConn is a self imposed disaster. The AD has thought small for 15 years. I won't bother myself with it anymore.

Reaction Score
Football is history guys. It’s a Zombie just flailing about. It’s already dead.

There is no plan. Edsall is retweeting negative articles (and then pulling it back) and posting cryptic quotes.

The staff was blindsided by this.

You think the coaches will be motivated to recruit and build like before? Hell no.

This thing is done. Enjoy what is left because it will be gone in less than 5-10 years.

Reaction Score
I predicted the death of our athletic department YEARS ago when Louisville out maneuvered us for the ACC and people in here jumped down my throat about it. The Athletic Department has been in a steady decline since Big Lou left. I knew we were finished when as the ship was sinking a writer quoted an anonymous source from the AD saying that “we are happy in the Big East, the Big East has been good to us”. We haven’t had a big picture thinker in our AD in 20 years. It’s beyond sad, these idiots destroyed our programs.

The war was lost when we hired Jeff Hathaway after Lew left. He spent the next 6 years trying to shore up the Big East when he should have been doing everything in his power to find us a spot in another conference. He wasted our football success.

Reaction Score
The war was lost when we hired Jeff Hathaway after Lew left. He spent the next 6 years trying to shore up the Big East when he should have been doing everything in his power to find us a spot in another conference. He wasted our football success.

Agreed. He had a caretaker mentality. He didn’t consolidate gains and build. We should have been amping our coaching staff, rewarding the assistants and coordinators that were successful and building.

Not spending a little more then was ultimately more expensive for us in the long run.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
LOL! 26 years is far more than half of my life. If you consider that fair weather I don't know what to tell you. The Knicks and Redskins have been poorly managed. What's happened at UConn is a self imposed disaster. The AD has thought small for 15 years. I won't bother myself with it anymore.

The Knicks and Redskins aren't both shining examples of self imposed disasters?

Reaction Score
The old chemistry building has Phillip Austins name on it. He hired Hathaway correct? Monuments to morons.

Reaction Score
I want to know who orchestrated this thing. In the middle of a President transition? Some BoT members frozen out? This comes from the Capitol cabal.... maybe somebody ought to ask Tom Ritter what he knew and when he knew it... .

Reaction Score
Football is history guys. It’s a Zombie just flailing about. It’s already dead.

There is no plan. Edsall is retweeting negative articles (and then pulling it back) and posting cryptic quotes.

The staff was blindsided by this.

You think the coaches will be motivated to recruit and build like before? Hell no.

This thing is done. Enjoy what is left because it will be gone in less than 5-10 years.
Uh, last season was the worst in D1 history. By far.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom