Musings | The Boneyard

Musings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Appreciate the fact that we did not fold in two games where we were way behind, but why is it that this team does not punch until it has taken multiple haymakers from the other team? I have to blame coaching when we fall behind by double digits starting EVERY game, and come out for the 2nd half 10 minutes after the other team. Why can't we be the aggressor? Why does it seem we are so disorganized and not ready to begin games and 2nd halves? Against the two best teams we played all year, we outplayed them both for 35 minutes.....unfortunately both teams after being COMPLETELY embarrassed and digging too big a hole to come out of.

I fear this is now a totally lost season. It seems inevitable that Alterique is going to get surgery and be done for the year, leaving us without 2 of our best 3 players. Ugh.

It's been mentioned a zillion times, but Ollie and staff need to open their damn eyes and realize you CANNOT, in any circumstances, have Brimah and Facey on the court at the same time. Both are below average athletes, WELL below-average IQs and feel for the game and complete liabilities on offense. It makes it so easy for the other team to defend us when both of them are in there. The body of work is now statistically significant KO....try learning from it.

Because the season is now essentially a write-off, KO has to dedicate the rest of the season to getting as much PT and experience for next year. I have no idea what Juwan's condition is relative to how long he can go, but he should get as much run as possible now that it appears he won't/can't be redshirted this year. Same for Vital.

I'd tap the brakes on Jalen going pro after this year. Yes he had a nice scoring tournament, but 9 TOs in one half? Not sure he'll be able to get into the lane as much at the next level that he has so far this year. That said, he is definitely going to be looked to to carry this team for the rest of the year, and it is definitely his team to carry. Just hope we don't ride him into the ground.

3 point defense: What 3 point defense? Why can't this team learn basic rotational defense? Honestly, on a scale of 1-10, this team's fundamentals are about a 2. I'm sorry, but that's coaching. Perhaps Ollie has to learn the JC hook. As bad as it was, JC always eventually put the guy back in, but not until he made an example of him first. I think the results speak for themselves.

How depressing we have 4 losses before Thanksgiving. Oh well, at least expectations are now at rock bottom, let's see how good of a coach KO really is, because in that respect, this year will be far more telling in that regard than 2013-14 was.

Reaction Score
We have been consistently torched for wide open 3's in all games we have played and that is unacceptable. Jim Calhoun may not have always had the most talented players early on but his teams played gritty close defense. He's probably turning over in his grave right now, wait, he's alive! Turning over on his couch I mean. Imagine the verbal torching he would give these guys, wow.

Reaction Score
I'd tap the brakes on Jalen going pro after this year. Yes he had a nice scoring tournament, but 9 TOs in one half? Not sure he'll be able to get into the lane as much at the next level that he has so far this year. That said, he is definitely going to be looked to to carry this team for the rest of the year, and it is definitely his team to carry. Just hope we don't ride him into the ground.

Jalen caught Maui opponents by surprise. Now he is no longer a secret and will garner special attention (if not all) from opponents coaching staff. They will devise methods and strategies to defend him so it may be a while before we see this Jalen Adams again. Come conference play our foes will have him (i.e. our team) figured out especially if AG doesn't return and Rodney nor Christian develop strong PG handles.

Just saying I would be surprised if Jalen continues this torrid pace, not because he's isn't talented enough but because of the defenses that will be designed to stop him. Next year however will be a different story with AG returning and an improved and confident Vital returning. Then Jalen will be an AA candidate with Maui performances constantly.

Reaction Score
I was thinking about it and maybe see where they stand on Feb 1. If they are still in a good position of AAC maybe stay with an attitude we should play best players and worry about next season next season.

If they stumble in Jan and look lost then play SE and JD most of the front court minutes.

Reaction Score
Well, they never figured out Kemba, so don't be surprised if Jalen continues doing what he's doing. AND, if they counter with 2 men, it's up to Jalen to find the open man.

I don't think the poor starts are on Ollie totally. Bad defense AND bad ballhandling are killing us at the start of the game. But we don't have any great ballhandlers. People are going to press this team. I would maybe have Jalen at halfcourt attacking when he gets the ball in a press. Make them pay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom