OT: - Music Beach Boy songs Covers | The Boneyard

OT: Music Beach Boy songs Covers

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
So I happened upon this video and thought to myself, we need another music thread. What better way to celebrate Memorial Day weekend than a tribute to an American Band -The Beach Boys. I have a few in mind, I know the boneyard can come up with more.

Reaction Score
Dwight Yoakam performs a cover of "Sloop John B" by The Beach Boys in an exclusive recording session live in the legendary Studio One at EASTWEST STUDIOS in Hollywood, CA for The Live Room.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
What about the Regents, who came first...The Beach Boys covered them... Does this count?
It's fine. The Beach Boys version is from an album called Beach Boys party, and was recorded live. They forgot some of the lyrics, it's kind of an amateur recording.

BTW, the Beach Boys first hit, Surfin' USA was a complete rip off of Chuck Berry's Sweet Little Sixteen. Chuck was not happy.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Emme Woods played a cover of 'I Just Wasn't Made For These Times' by The Beach Boys for Onder Invloed (The Influences).
This song is from the Pet Sounds album - – this deeply affecting song resonates with poignancy given Brian Wilson's tragic struggles with mental health. The lyrics (by Wilson and Tony Asher) concern one man's troubled mind as he finds himself at odds with the world which he sees around him. The song marked one of the first (if not the first) examples of the use of the Theremin in popular music.

This cover version was recorded specifically for the soundtrack to the 2001 movie, I Am Sam. Both of the musicians involved are highly renowned, even if their names aren't instantly recognizable to many.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I bought this Yo La Tengo album because of their awesome cover of William deVaughn’s “Be Thankful for What You Got,” but it also has a nice cover of the Beach Boys’ “Little Honda”

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Surfin' USA by Jan and Dan.

Regarding "Surfin' USA" Brian Wilson said he intended the song as a tribute to Chuck Berry, but Berry's lawyers used another term: plagiarism. The case was settled with the Beach Boys giving publishing rights to Chuck Berry's publisher.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom