Mulkey's hiring mantra: 'Best person for job' | The Boneyard

Mulkey's hiring mantra: 'Best person for job'

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Mulkey's hiring mantra: 'Best person for job'
"I understand her points, without a doubt," Mulkey said Saturday, as the coaches in Sunday's national championship game addressed the media. "But I'm of the belief, I want the best person for the job. I have a son, and I would be honored if my son wanted to coach next to me.
"[McGraw] has a son. I think she would be honored if he wanted to coach women's basketball. So I tend to stay away from saying the word 'never.' Bringing attention to what needs to be fixed, but don't give an absolute answer. Because I don't want to hire somebody just to be hiring them. I want to hire somebody that can help us be successful."

As for McGraw she is backpedaling.
"I just hired a male video coordinator. I have just hired a male strength coach. I'm not opposed to hiring men," McGraw said. "I just think that women need opportunities, and those opportunities right now are going to men.
I'll bet these two guys are quite comfortable with their positions. Not coaches are they.:);):rolleyes:

Reaction Score
As I posted in one of the multiple threads about MM, and her hiring policy, this continued into the NC game, and the post game. Got to give Kim Mulkey credit for not being dragged into the morass. She stayed above it, and gave a classic, noncommittal answer. Glad that Baylor took out ND. Now can we please, Please, PLEASE get away from this, and focus on players, and the game. I really don't want to see the woman's game become a sniping ground for petulant coaches and/or players. The women's game still has the pure fundamental aspects, that is gone from the men's game. I'd really hate to see it become a mirror of the men's game.

Reaction Score
McGraw ( for all her success) seems to have a truly bitter streak which may be caused— at least in part— by the fact that she’ll never reach Geno’s status ...and she knows and feels it. Her need to call him a “bully” stating that the relationship soured when ND wasn’t given proper respect by UConn and now her thing with men coaching in Women’s basketball, are all signs of a frustrated, and at times disconnected, person. Sad.

Reaction Score
As I posted in one of the multiple threads about MM, and her hiring policy, this continued into the NC game, and the post game. Got to give Kim Mulkey credit for not being dragged into the morass. She stayed above it, and gave a classic, noncommittal answer. Glad that Baylor took out ND. Now can we please, Please, PLEASE get away from this, and focus on players, and the game. I really don't want to see the woman's game become a sniping ground for petulant coaches and/or players. The women's game still has the pure fundamental aspects, that is gone from the men's game. I'd really hate to see it become a mirror of the men's game.

You can drop the Mic after this post. Well said!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom