Mulkey's comments about Monday's game | The Boneyard

Mulkey's comments about Monday's game

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
"It’s good for women’s basketball," Mulkey said. "It’s good for television. It’s good, I guess, for our program. We’re going to fight and coach hard and play hard and try to win, but I’m ready for next Saturday. I’m ready to celebrate a Big 12 Championship. If we go to UConn and we win, then it’s great. You’re supposed to win; you’re number one in the country. And if we lose, what have we lost? Nothing.”

LINK

Reaction Score
I know it's only a blog, but doesn't anyone proof read these things, even once?

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I know it's only a blog, but doesn't anyone proof read these things, even once?
Clearly, no. And like the board they probably can't edit their mistakes after 30 minutes.

Reaction Score
The Spell Check Poem

I have a spelling checker
It came with my PC
It highlights for my review
Mistakes I cannot sea.

I ran this poem thru it
I'm sure your pleased to no
Its letter perfect in it's weigh
My checker told me sew.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Sorry, no gives a crap about the Big XII, just like no one gives a crap about winning the Big East. There are about 10 games all season that will matter (between any teams), and this is one of them. Acting like this game doesn't matter is absolutely ridiculous.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
The Spell Check Poem

It came with my PC
Mistakes I cannot sea.

I ran this poem thru it
My checker told me sew.

You can sing this to the Oscar Meyer bologna song...

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
The Spell Check Poem

It came with my PC
Mistakes I cannot sea.

I ran this poem thru it
My checker told me sew.

Doing legal work, there is one error that neither spell check not grammar check would find and is changes the meaning 100%. It's mistyping, or vice versa "not" and "now" as is in "this is now permitted" when it should be "not permitted". Hopefully context would overcome that little mistake. Proofreeding is a god idea.

Reaction Score
Sorry, no gives a crap about the Big XII, just like no one gives a crap about winning the Big East. There are about 10 games all season that will matter (between any teams), and this is one of them. Acting like this game doesn't matter is absolutely ridiculous.

Kim gives a crap about the Big XII but I think her quote was taken out of context. Kim has said since day one that the winning streak doesn't matter and the only thing that really matters is winning the last six games in the NCAA tournament. She thinks UConn has a great team and this will be a great game and good for WBB. But a win or a loss in this game doesn't have any impact on the rest of the season and her team's goals of winning the Big XII championship and the NCAA championship. They will celebrate the Big XII championship because it's an important, not insignificant, goal for the team. Kim wants to win this game and see it as a marquee game for WBB. But results of the game, win or lose, won't be important in meeting the team's goals and, in that respect, it doesn't matter. I'm sure Geno would agree.

Reaction Score
Very Geno-esque. Big East regular season. Big East Championship. Final Four. National Championship.

That part is Geno-esque. Fighting with ESPN about when to play the game isn't.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
That part is Geno-esque. Fighting with ESPN about when to play the game isn't.

Very true, but Geno seems to have an issue with the Big East schedulers which is the first time I've heard him complain about that. He mentioned how he didn't like that UConn was scheduled to play Rutgers on Saturday before the Baylor game on Monday while ND was scheduled to play Providence on the Saturday before its Monday match-up against Tennessee. Or maybe Geno looked at ND playing Seton Hall on the Saturday before its Monday game against Louisville while UConn played a tougher Syracuse on the Saturday before its Monday night game against Duke. Or maybe Geno is looking ahead and realizes that ND is once again scheduled to play Providence on Saturday before the UConn game on Monday while UConn will be traveling to play a tougher USF team on Saturday. Or maybe Geno has ND on the brain.

Reaction Score
Very true, but Geno seems to have an issue with the Big East schedulers which is the first time I've heard him complain about that. He mentioned how he didn't like that UConn was scheduled to play Rutgers on Saturday before the Baylor game on Monday while ND was scheduled to play Providence on the Saturday before its Monday match-up against Tennessee. Or maybe Geno looked at ND playing Seton Hall on the Saturday before its Monday game against Louisville while UConn played a tougher Syracuse on the Saturday before its Monday night game against Duke. Or maybe Geno is looking ahead and realizes that ND is once again scheduled to play Providence on Saturday before the UConn game on Monday while UConn will be traveling to play a tougher USF team on Saturday. Or maybe Geno has ND on the brain.
I'm pretty sure he's sick of them. And I know he's not alone.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Kim saying this game is not important is coach speak. Behind closed doors she and the players want to win this game badly. UConn is the most important game left on their schedule. UConn is the only team that can give them some competition before the NCAA tournament.

They have a 5 game lead in the loss column with 4 to play for the Regular Season Conference Title. So, they have already won the Big 12 Regular Season Title. Who knows, maybe Oklahoma can stay with them for 10 minutes or so. Their remaining games should be blow out wins by more then 20 points.

Geno and the players also want to win this game. However, the Notre Dame game is the most important game left on UConn's schedule.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
Kim is Blowin' In The Wind.

So I guess she will be sitting calmly on the bench just sort of watching the game since it doesn't mean anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom