Mulkey and "Big Girl Panties" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mulkey and "Big Girl Panties"

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
When it became clear that Cox had reduced her commitment choices to 2 teams, UConn and Baylor, I thought that such a wealth of forwards made Baylor a bad decision for Cox, and that on UConn she'd receive more PT. I also noted UConn's history of highly conditioned players. Or as Geno says, "The difference between good players and great players is that great players don't get tired." I think DefenseBB has the right of it on every point, and to repeat myself. When this incredibly talented team fails to make the FF no one will remember Jones' injury or the players failure. No, everyone will point to "Punch them in the face".

Exactly when did it become clear that Cox had reduced her commitment choices to UConn and Baylor? The best one can say about UConn's finish in the Cox sweepstakes is that it tied for 2nd with 3 other schools. Not that it matters, but UConn probably finished behind Notre Dame and Tennessee. It was always Baylor and everybody else and UConn's chances never really improved over long-shot. That was clear to Geno and staff during her official visit.

Cox's minutes this season were impacted by the emergence of Brown as an elite post player and the presence of Nina Davis who can only play the 4 position. Davis will be gone next season and I expect Cox to slide in to her position on the floor alongside Brown. That lineup is not without disadvantages, particularly defensively, but Mulkey will have to figure out a way to make it work or sit Cox against teams that can spread the floor. Where that leaves Mompremier remains to be seen.

Cox is a special talent and I wish she had chosen UConn.

Reaction Score
Cox is a special talent and I wish she had chosen UConn.

Only time will tell what kind of player she'll be at this level, but right now I'm not seeing it. Granted, I've only seen her play 5-6 times and not a lot of minutes. But she's slow. I don't see the heart. Will she be able to guard anyone at all, inside or out? Where will she score from? Honestly, after watching her, I'm glad that she didn't sign with UCONN, I think it would have been a disappoint for all involved.

Reaction Score
You are referencing team USA which I thought was this past summer and after a year at UConn, NC should be better that a HS post player.
Actually this was the summer before. Collier had finished her senior season and Dangerfield and Cox were entering theirs.

Reaction Score
To here her tell it a once or twice a lifetime effort by a WV player and her noncontributing bench did them in. Here presser: Baylor University powered by College Sports Live

"Is the moment too big for yuh, or can you put on your big girl panties and play in a game like this..."

"I'm not a zone coach but when we put that in it disrupted them". Then she proceeds to throw the players under the bus! Chinks in the armor getting bigger every week with her. Head bang ;)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"I'm not a zone coach but when we put that in it disrupted them". Then she proceeds to throw the players under the bus! Chinks in the armor getting bigger every week with her. Head bang ;)

The duck comes down with a $100 bill in its beak for you. Honey - er, Mulkey, it isn't about what you wanna teach, it's about what the modern game demands of you to be prepared.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score
A'ja Wilson said in an interview that SC had to put their big girl panties on when they play Uconn. That was two years ago and I heard no negative feedback.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom