Muffet is a-politikin' | The Boneyard

Muffet is a-politikin'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
She might be concerned of her kids being a bit complacent with a #1 or #2 ranking.

Reaction Score
Brittany Mallory is talking about a national championship and Coach Mcgraw says they are not a top 25 team. I am sure some people out there think that some of Geno's predictions are obnoxious but this from MM is ridiculous. I know she has her reasons but she also needs to be credible, this is taking humble too far!

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Players, fans and media don't believe a word that McGraw says in this article concerning where ND should be ranked. Any team with Sylar on it, is going to be ranked in the Top 25 regardless of who is playing with her. Now add the Talent that Skylar is playing with, ND is and should be ranked in the Top 3 and probably Top 2.

Kibitzer

Sky Soldier
Reaction Score
This is properly refferr to as a foreign tongue called "Coachspeak."

Characterized by an absence of objectivity or honesty. uttered with tongue firmly planted in cheek, and expressed with an annoying wink/nod articulation. (Fingers crossed behind the back.)

Received by witnesses with rolling eyes and smirky expressions.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Plus the article was mostly about their inside game this year, but no mention at all of D. Peters.....?...... who--last I checked--is substantially better than chopped liver.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
If I reach ( and I mean reach) I can see Muffet's point. Peters & Achonwa are pretty much it in the post! Peters can be very very foul prone. If that happens it leaves just Achonwa and a freshman (Wright). So against physical teams with dominant posts and foul plagued Peters, ND could be in trouble.

Again, I am reaching, but trying to see if from MM's point!

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If I reach ( and I mean reach) I can see Muffet's point. Peters & Achonwa are pretty much it in the post! Peters can be very very foul prone. If that happens it leaves just Achonwa and a freshman (Wright). So against physical teams with dominant posts and foul plagued Peters, ND could be in trouble.

Again, I am reaching, but trying to see if from MM's point!

You must have some ridiculously long arms.

Reaction Score
Brittany Mallory is talking about a national championship and Coach Mcgraw says they are not a top 25 team. I am sure some people out there think that some of Geno's predictions are obnoxious but this from MM is ridiculous. I know she has her reasons but she also needs to be credible, this is taking humble too far!

I absolutely agree with you. I feel like Mcgraw ripped a page from the "Geno Psychology" book and is taking it too far. I mean for coach Mcgraw to say that her team right now is not even in the top 25 is a bit too farfetched. Obviously, some of us can see what she is trying to do; a motivation tactic that has made Geno the famous coach he is.

Personally, i think this 2011-2012 season is the only shot Mcgraw and her team has for a championship (at least for a while). And i say this in the event that Baylor completely collapses during the ncaa tournament. Like Geno said, 2012-2013 season and beyond, his team is not going to loose a game.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
You all are forgetting Coach Harry Peretta's routine. According to Harry, Villanova will never win another game, ever.

If you never heard that, trust me. He is famous for it. And yes, of course they know better, but on various levels it suits plenty of coaches, including Geno, to self-deprecate their teams.

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Rather amused at the slightly hysterical reaction to Muffet's comments. There's nothing "too far" about them and I certainly don't see the need for extra wingspany arms. I mean, do we need to be reminded of Geno's 2003 team that would be lucky to make the WNIT?

Muffet's coaching what she sees on the court -- not what we think we see when looking at last year's performance and this year's roster.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
I think she is a great coach and has done wonderful things for WCBB. For those of who wanted season's tix...too late...This kind of stuff, same as with Harry and Geno, just revs up the team and the peeps. Expected....

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Rather amused at the slightly hysterical reaction to Muffet's comments. There's nothing "too far" about them and I certainly don't see the need for extra wingspany arms. I mean, do we need to be reminded of Geno's 2003 team that would be lucky to make the WNIT?

Muffet's coaching what she sees on the court -- not what we think we see when looking at last year's performance and this year's roster.

Eh, I was just messing with the long arms thing. Muffett's assessment is pretty standard fair as far as coaching goes, especially for the Philly circle of coaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom