MSOC capture first ever AAC regular season title & clinch top seed in AAC tourny | The Boneyard

MSOC capture first ever AAC regular season title & clinch top seed in AAC tourny

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not a bad day for UConn Sports

UConnMSOC9:41pm via Twitter Web Client
Champs! #UConn defeats No. 25 USF, 1-0, to earn its 13th-ever conference regular season title. | #BleedBlue pic.twitter.com/3V7gACShkb

futbol.jpg

Reaction Score
@Tim_Fontenault: AAC Quarterfinals: 1) UConn vs. 8) Temple, 2) Tulsa vs. 7) Cincinnati, 3) SMU vs. 6) UCF, 4) USF vs. 5) Memphis

Reaction Score
@Tim_Fontenault: AAC Quarterfinals: 1) UConn vs. 8) Temple, 2) Tulsa vs. 7) Cincinnati, 3) SMU vs. 6) UCF, 4) USF vs. 5) Memphis
For people that know more than I. Are they going to have to win AAC tourney to get into NCCA.

Reaction Score
For people that know more than I. Are they going to have to win AAC tourney to get into NCCA.

Yes. They lost all their big out of conference games, and their RPI was somewhere in the 50's last I looked. The AAC men's soccer tourney is at UConn and they have home field advantage throughout the AAC tournament, so that will help them.

Reaction Score
Yes. They lost all their big out of conference games, and their RPI was somewhere in the 50's last I looked. The AAC men's soccer tourney is at UConn and they have home field advantage throughout the AAC tournament, so that will help them.
Thanks for answer and maybe a dump question. Does the AAC tourney champ get an automatic bid ?

Reaction Score
48 teams get selected the NCAA men's soccer tournament tournament, so with an RPI of 50 UConn can't afford a home loss at the AAC tourney. College Soccer News at this point projects only one team (UConn as the projected conference champion) from the AAC to make the NCAA tourney.

Reaction Score
48 teams get selected the NCAA men's soccer tournament tournament, so with an RPI of 50 UConn can't afford a home loss at the AAC tourney. College Soccer News at this point projects only one team (UConn as the projected conference champion) from the AAC to make the NCAA tourney.

Win or go home, just like last year. Hope the men can put into another good run.

Not surprised that being in the American hurts UConn Soccer and not just the money sports. I am surprised that SMU soccer has not been that good as they used to be a solid, Tournament team for a while. Seeing Syracuse near the top of the polls is painful, though they were good when I was in high school a long time ago. The New Big East is top heavy with Creighton (always good) and Georgetown.

Reaction Score
Win or go home, just like last year. Hope the men can put into another good run.

Not surprised that being in the American hurts UConn Soccer and not just the money sports. I am surprised that SMU soccer has not been that good as they used to be a solid, Tournament team for a while. Seeing Syracuse near the top of the polls is painful, though they were good when I was in high school a long time ago. The New Big East is top heavy with Creighton (always good) and Georgetown.

Both SMU and South Florida in the AAC are usually pretty good in soccer. Out of the usual 11 starters on the men's soccer team, 8 are either freshmen or sophomores, so that might help explain the slow start UConn had this year and the losses to the top out of conference teams that they played. Yes, it's a rebuilding year for the men's soccer team, yet they still have a good shot at making the NCAA's by taking the AAC tourney crown.

Reaction Score
@UConnMSOC: His shot misses wide left. USF advances in PKs, 2-0, to advance to the @American_MSoc Championship. #UConn

@MatthewConyers: Game over. Season over? UConn loses 2-0 in PK shootut to South Florida after scoreless draw. Huskies miss four PKs to lose in AAC semifinals

Reaction Score
Absolutely PATHETIC display by the team in the PK's tonight. Even by UConn PK standards.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
@UConnMSOC: His shot misses wide left. USF advances in PKs, 2-0, to advance to the @American_MSoc Championship. #UConn

@MatthewConyers: Game over. Season over? UConn loses 2-0 in PK shootut to South Florida after scoreless draw. Huskies miss four PKs to lose in AAC semifinals

Amazing. South Florida played a man down due to a player ejection for about the last third of the second half and the two overtimes. During that period UConn dominated the game but could not score. As for the penalty kicks, the first UConn shot by Larin was stopped fairly easy by the South Florida goalkeeper, and the next three UConn penalty shots just plain missed the net. I thought UConn needed to win the AAC tourney to make the NCAA's, so at this point I would be very surprised to see them play anymore games this season.

Reaction Score
Amazing. South Florida played a man down due to a player ejection for about the last third of the second half and the two overtimes. During that period UConn dominated the game but could not score. As for the penalty kicks, the first UConn shot by Larin was stopped fairly easy by the South Florida goalkeeper, and the next three UConn penalty shots just plain missed the net. I thought UConn needed to win the AAC tourney to make the NCAA's, so at this point I would be very surprised to see them play anymore games this season.

No one to blame but themselves if they miss out. My guess is they might when you look how low seeded they were with a good record last year. That's the AAC for you.

They play nearly 30 minutes up a man and can't score. And than out of a roster of 20 + kids they have 3 players taking PK's who don't even get the PK on net.

Reaction Score
I just checked the NCAA.com website. As of November 9th, UConn's RPI was 52, and they lost all their big out of conference games. 48 teams make the men's soccer tournament. I just can't see them getting an at large bid.

Reaction Score
Argh, I agree, with no big non-conference out-of-c0nference win, they are out. PK's continue to be Reid's Achilles heel.

Reaction Score
It's not PKs that are the issue. t's the fact that his teams never get the job done in big games ... even when they outshoot their opponents 16-3.

UConn can do better than Reid.

Reaction Score
Even last year goals were in frustratingly short supply most games. Don't know much about the details of the game but it just seems some teams and/or players can get themselves in position to score and are able to finish their chances.

Last edited:

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It's not PKs that are the issue. t's the fact that his teams never get the job done in big games ... even when they outshoot their opponents 16-3.

UConn can do better than Reid.

It's been going on for several years, especially an inability to score in tournament games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom