MSG vs The Amway Center | The Boneyard

MSG vs The Amway Center

MASSconn

Pretentious CR Critic
Reaction Score
Watching that Providence win with MSG rocking is sickening. Meanwhile, the UConn Huskies head back from ORLANDO FLORIDA.

I don't know if I can make it until 2023 or whenever the next "realignment" shuffle is. The humiliation.

How much do we need to round up for the AAC exit fee?

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
I mean its more the fan bases imo. Amway Center is actually really nice, top notch facility. Yes its not located in NY,NY but the American fan bases aren’t that big for a majority of the basketball programs outside of Wichita, UConn and Memphis. Especially those willing to travel. Not saying i dont miss that atmosphere and watching that game made me jealous haha.

Reaction Score
Watching that Providence win with MSG rocking is sickening. Meanwhile, the UConn Huskies head back from ORLANDO FLORIDA.

I don't know if I can make it until 2023 or whenever the next "realignment" shuffle is. The humiliation.

It's undeniable.

Our football and men's basketball programs have had their recruiting competitive selling points and advantages removed due to conference realignment. Everyone of our main competitors in football and men's basketball has better selling points in 2018. Yes Diaco and Ollie had a lot to do with the mess and perhaps we strike gold with Edsall 2.0 and whoever we hire to replace Ollie. But the level of athlete we have been able to recruit in the AAC is simply not what we were once able to attract to Storrs. That's one of the big reasons why the recent football and men's hoops seasons have been so dreadful.

Reaction Score

I completely agree. MSG had juice. The place was Electric. I also agree that it's not necessarily the arena, but the teams, the local fan bases, and the tradition that sets it apart.

Reaction Score
Yeah the Amway Center is awesome. Went for the NCAA’s last year (hate the holier than thou no beer rule).

That being said, I don’t even know why they play these AAC tournament games in arenas.

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
Saturday nights at MSG in NYC were special, there is no debate there

And just to make sure there's no misunderstanding, not being there is NOT Ollie's fault :cool:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom