MSG Scalping Scene | Page 2 | The Boneyard

MSG Scalping Scene

Curiouser
Reaction Score
One year in the old BE days a buddy and myself went to the BE Tournament w/o tickets hoping to score some. First thing we did was to tell the security guard at the bottom of the escalator that another buddy of ours had our tickets at the sports bar upstairs ( I forgot the name of the bar ) and we asked him if we could go get them and then come back down to show him that we had tickets. Needless to see he never saw our faces again.
I’m guessing this one may not work as well now. Sounds like Marx Bros or Laurel and Hardy.

Reaction Score
Used to stand in the walk up to the entry and get BE tourney tix from older fans ripping them out of their ticket books with extras. Next year.

Reaction Score
Well, not sure why he showed me his badge and all after I told him I was okay after seeing what tix he had out out curiosity, but he did. Trust me when I say I felt like it was entrapment. I was just having beers with my friends before the game when he came up to me beer in hand and made the approach.
That’s bs. Punk cop

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I’ve scalped literally hundreds of times in dozens of venues for all manner of events in states across the country and in other countries for forty years, including many times at MSG. Only time I ever got burned with fakes was UConn vs. Pitt in the 2004 BET. I almost killed the guy...until I realized I was about to get killed. It’s a whole other level of deal going on there.

Be very careful.
Too bad I didn’t know you. Same game probably same bogus tickets. Together we could have handled them.:cool:

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I’ve scalped literally hundreds of times in dozens of venues for all manner of events in states across the country and in other countries for forty years, including many times at MSG. Only time I ever got burned with fakes was UConn vs. Pitt in the 2004 BET. I almost killed the guy...until I realized I was about to get killed. It’s a whole other level of deal going on there.

Be very careful.
I've only made one purchase ever outside of MSG.

It was from a softly whispering girl in a granny dress who looked all of 12 years old, 3 blocks away from a March 1981 Grateful Dead concert that I didn't even know about as I walked from work on West 55th St to Washington Square to meet friends for dinner.

It wasn't tickets, if wasn't fake.
Never did anything like that before, or after.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

It was from a softly whispering girl in a granny dress who looked all of 12 years old, 3 blocks away from a March 1981 Grateful Dead concert that I didn't even know about as I walked from work on West 55th St to Washington Square to meet friends for dinner.

The bus came by and you got on?

Reaction Score

was it good?

Reaction Score
Bought tickets at the box office yesterday, no fees. Saves me 80 bucks since I bought 4. I couldn't catch a deal on StubHub/gametime. The seats for the game yesterday were gimmicked like a wwe event. Many of the upper sections weren't even available to buy. A few years ago at the same game, msg was packed. Tickets were 20 for all the uppers. This year, the uppers were half full (that's being generous). I would think there would be a happy medium between $20 and $61 to fill the place up and make money.

Reaction Score
i saw some dude get turned away with a fake ticket when i was entering last night. with stubhub /vividseats and the rest scalpers are obsolete and sketchy at best.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom