Mr. Oriakhi at it again | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Mr. Oriakhi at it again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Alex Sr. is an absolute crazy! I replied to an comment to a Hartford Courant story on AD leaving from AO Sr. were he had bad mouthed Calhoun and he went ballistic on me. I was backing Calhoun as being a great coach and for him and his son to go out with some dignity and just leave if you had nothing good to say. He went crazy on me and wished bad things on me if I didn't call him and see his side. He said he knew the truth and I must hear it. I just never replied back to that crazy man. I have the correspondence if anyone wants to see it. He had so much to say about himself that is was scary. He is crazy!!!

Reaction Score
We should have a pinned thread to the effect of, "Stuff Alex Oriakhi's insane father said". I bet he would eventually fall into the trap.

Reaction Score
Alex Sr. is an absolute crazy! I replied to an comment to a Hartford Courant story on AD leaving from AO Sr. were he had bad mouthed Calhoun and he went ballistic on me. I was backing Calhoun as being a great coach and for him and his son to go out with some dignity and just leave if you had nothing good to say. He went crazy on me and wished bad things on me if I didn't call him and see his side. He said he knew the truth and I must hear it. I just never replied back to that crazy man. I have the correspondence if anyone wants to see it. He had so much to say about himself that is was scary. He is crazy!!!

I would love to see the correspondence if you dont mind. What a moron AO SR is, does he have any idea how much of an idiot he is making him look, its one thing if he didnt see eye to eye with JC but move on like most players do, players transfer all the time. JC knows way more people in the NBA then AO Sr does, the more he opens up his mouth the more it will hurt his son.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
UConn doesn't win it's 3rd title, putting JC in rarefied air, without AO. That sinple fact will last after the bad feelings dissipate.

ADD: Anyone else see a parallel between AO and Ray's situation? Seems like feelings of a lack of respect from the teams that each helped win a title for are similar. Both guys are getting killed by the fans of the teams they left. Can one kill AO but stick up for Ray? I don't think so.

Reaction Score
UConn doesn't win it's 3rd title, putting JC in rarefied air, without AO. That sinple fact will last after the bad feelings dissipate.

ADD: Anyone else see a parallel between AO and Ray's situation? Seems like feelings of a lack of respect from the teams that each helped win a title for are similar. Both guys are getting killed by the fans of the teams they left. Can one kill AO but stick up for Ray? I don't think so.

Ray was still making shots, AO not so much.If UConn told AO that his scholarship was going to be given to someone else and he would be wise to transfer, vs Ray who was constantly being put on the trade block, then yes the situation would be the same.

Reaction Score

C'mon Waq no comparison whatsoever.......one is a professional for one thing and is a professional at his craft.......the other was a pretty good piece on a NC team who came back the next year expecting to live off his laurels and what he got was exactly what he deserved - the pine......then he pulled the team down with his lack of willingness to take one for the team and work his way back, rather sending tweets and crap about his coach.......this isn't even close in comparison for another reason, one was a real good Husky in basically every game he played in while the other in 3 years had about 15 good games in 100 but most were rather well timed........he's really not at all missed as we speak!= and his dad should just STFU........

Reaction Score
C'mon Waq no comparison whatsoever.......one is a professional for one thing and is a professional at his craft.......the other was a pretty good piece on a NC team who came back the next year expecting to live off his laurels and what he got was exactly what he deserved - the pine......then he pulled the team down with his lack of willingness to take one for the team and work his way back, rather sending tweets and crap about his coach.......this isn't even close in comparison for another reason, one was a real good Husky in basically every game he played in while the other in 3 years had about 15 good games in 100 but most were rather well timed........he's really not at all missed as we speak!= and his dad should just STFU........

As you mentioned, mau, Ray is a professional - a class act and hard worker. I'm sure he appreciates everything he has EARNED in life. He deserves it. Hopefully, AO can learn from his examples, grow up, and be successful someday.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
C'mon Waq no comparison whatsoever.......one is a professional for one thing and is a professional at his craft.......the other was a pretty good piece on a NC team who came back the next year expecting to live off his laurels and what he got was exactly what he deserved - the pine......then he pulled the team down with his lack of willingness to take one for the team and work his way back, rather sending tweets and crap about his coach.......this isn't even close in comparison for another reason, one was real good Husky in basically every game he played in the other in 3 years had about 15 good games in 100 but most were rather well timed........he's really not at all missed as we speak!= and his dad should just STFU........
LOL, I was going to respond to Waquoit and you beat me to it. AO will get credit for the third championship and should. But there is no way the team wins without Kemba and Jeremy. As far as I'm concerned if AO had never suited up in a UConn uniform, the 2010 UConn team would still have probably won that season. AO is an average power forward who needs outstanding player/players to help his game. He certainly has potential, but his mindset and reflexes, particularly on defense, hold him back. And quality bigs neutralize his game on offense.

Reaction Score
As you mentioned, mau, Ray is a professional - a class act and hard worker. I'm sure he appreciates everything he has EARNED in life. He deserves it. Hopefully, AO can learn from his examples, grow up, and be successful someday.

I honestly hope AO continues to think he is something he's not and is a dud at Mizzou......no use for this man. Totally different than any other ex-UConn player story. Drove a team down for a year after being handed a NC ring by Kemba and came back, if possible, a worst player due to his obvious lack of work during the offseason and somehow trying to blame the coaches for his ineffectiveness - not much of a man actually rather a coward like his dad......he can't crap on himself enough for me!!!

Reaction Score
I honestly hope AO continues to think he is something he's not and is a dud at Mizzou......no use for this man. Totally different than any other ex-UConn player story. Drove a team down for a year after being handed a NC ring by Kemba and came back, if possible, a worst player due to his obvious lack of work during the offseason and somehow trying to blame the coaches for his ineffectiveness - not much of a man actually rather a coward like his dad......he can't crap on himself enough for me!!!

If alex flops at missouri and ends up in the d league or worse, his idiot father will blame Calhoun. Well, Calhoun AND Ollie's one year contract.

Reaction Score
I think the Alex Oriakhi story is clear as day. AO was one of those players that came in here thinking he would be drafted just because hes wearing a UConn jersey. He had i guess you could say a breakout year when he was a Sophmore and without a doubt played a huge role in the Championship run. I have a feeling AO had no intention of staying for his Senior year. He thought he was going to be THE guy coming off the national championship and up until 3 days before school started when Andre came, AO was the only real big guy we had. He figured he would pad his stats, get a lot of minutes. When he played poorly and Calhoun benched him, Oriakhi and his dad vilified JC over it.

They looked at it like Calhoun was holding him back but in reality it was his own fault with his poor play. Thats why i say AO was a selfish player because the reason why he left was for himself.

Reaction Score
I think the Alex Oriakhi story is clear as day. AO was one of those players that came in here thinking he would be drafted just because hes wearing a UConn jersey. He had i guess you could say a breakout year when he was a Sophmore and without a doubt played a huge role in the Championship run. I have a feeling AO had no intention of staying for his Senior year. He thought he was going to be THE guy coming off the national championship and up until 3 days before school started when Andre came, AO was the only real big guy we had. He figured he would pad his stats, get a lot of minutes. When he played poorly and Calhoun benched him, Oriakhi and his dad vilified JC over it.

They looked at it like Calhoun was holding him back but in reality it was his own fault with his poor play. Thats why i say AO was a selfish player because the reason why he left was for himself.

That shows you right there that AO is a kid and not a man, and his father is a baby. We have had guys who have been benched for poor play but came out of it as men some with an NBA career because of it.

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score

It is the sport-wide consensus that Ray Allen is class incarnate, and although I don't bother with twitter, I don't think he was tweeting and complaining about his pay or playing time during his last couple years in Boston and would never call his coach an idiot or whatever "mumu" is supposed to mean.

Nobody here would argue that AO wasn't an important part of the championship team, or that he had no excuse for transferring for his last year of eligibility. People have sour tastes about him because of how he conducted himself during and after the season, and how he decided to go. Ray's excellent professionalism in handling situations like these is how the two are completely different.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one that hears a certain song by Musical Youth every time I read the word "douchie"?

Reaction Score
It is the sport-wide consensus that Ray Allen is class incarnate, and although I don't bother with twitter, I don't think he was tweeting and complaining about his pay or playing time during his last couple years in Boston and would never call his coach an idiot or whatever "mumu" is supposed to mean.

Nobody here would argue that AO wasn't an important part of the championship team, or that he had no excuse for transferring for his last year of eligibility. People have sour tastes about him because of how he conducted himself during and after the season, and how he decided to go. Ray's excellent professionalism in handling situations like these is how the two are completely different.

Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. I would point out that Ollie, like Allen, is acting like a professional about his opportunity and the details surrounding it. The fans could learn something from him just like Alex could learn from Ray.

Reaction Score

I would jump at the chance to live in south Beach for a 7 figure salary.....That said I will not be rooting for him this year.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one that hears a certain song by Musical Youth every time I read the word "douchie"?

I thought the same thing!
"...pass the dutchie on the left-hand side..."

Hard to believe that song is 30 yrs old!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom