Moving onto Stanford | The Boneyard

Moving onto Stanford

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think this is close to a must win game if UConn wants to make the NCAAs without having to win the American conference tournament. We are running out of time for quality wins, and this is obviously our last chance out of the league. Stanford has an RPI of 30 this morning according to ESPN, so this would be a huge shot in the arm.
Win this and we have wins over Dayton, Florida (who is starting to play better) and Stanford all on the road or neutral floors. That would help big time for a potential at large bid.

Stanford is 12-4 (4-1 in the PAC12) with notable wins at Texas, Washington, and UNLV on a neutral floor. They did lose to Duke earlier in the year by 11. They did lose Reid Travis to an injury. He was averaging 7 points and 7 rebounds a game.

I haven't seen them play much, but looking at the box score last night against Cal, they don't seem very deep. 4 guys played 32+ minutes. Randle is obviously their best player, and one of the better guards in the country.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
Gunna be a tough one and if this team has any plans of dancing they will show up angry and hungry for this W. If we come out slow and sluggish yet again, I will be very disappointed in every player and coach.

A Stanford W would make us forget about that Tulsa debacle real quick

Reaction Score
Big team with a great PG who ours will need to match. Will need to rebound and defend, nothing new to them other than playing hard for 40 minutes.

Reaction Score
Stanford RPI is now 30,espn, after last night's road win. UCONN at 70. SMU at 18.

Reaction Score
Stanford is shooting 40% from 3 pt. they are led by Randle,20ppg, Brown 15 both guards and Nastic 14 a center. They are 73 PPG. VG offense.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
This is gonna be a tough game.

I'm interested to see how we handle a superior backcourt. We haven't done so well vs. good backcourts this year.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Stanford is shooting 40% from 3 pt. they are led by Randle,20ppg, Brown 15 both guards and Nastic 14 a center. They are 73 PPG. VG offense.

I was just about to mention Brown he's been playing well and I believe has led the team in scoring several times this season.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Stanford is very very very similar to UConn. Should be a good matchup.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Their zone stifled us last year. Pretty impressive

Reaction Score
As with every game with the exception of Duke, I wouldn't be surprised to see them win, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose.

I would imagine we'll be saying the same thing in March, it's only a question of whether it's the NIT or some other slapd_ck tournament or the real deal.

I will be disappointed if they come out flat and unengaged on the heels of an embarrassing sh_tshow of a loss to Tulsa. There is no excuse for that. They can build a house with their jumpshots but for god's sake play with some intensity. I want focused bricks and airballs. Every jumpshot that hits the side of the backboard must be shot with purpose and intensity.

Reaction Score
I have been watching a lot of Stanford's games recently and Randle is a really good player. Hopefully Boatright and TSam can slow him down. This is a must win game, I hope we come to play.

Reaction Score
I have been watching a lot of Stanford's games recently and Randle is a really good player. Hopefully Boatright and TSam can slow him down. This is a must win game, I hope we come to play.
How do we match up with them? Seems like their strength is the 3 point shot. What are their weaknesses?

Reaction Score
I also would not be surprised if we win this game. This team is full of surprises, which makes them so interesting to watch. You can't count them out (one game at a time).

I just wish for no slow start and take the fans out of the game. Our last championship game showed the advantage of a good/explosive offensive start. This is the game to duplicate that.

Reaction Score
Difficult to determine how good Stanford is.
We both lost to Puke by a similar score.
They beat Texas in a close game, similar to us, but they won & we lost.
They lost to BYU, but BYU has been decent this year.
Bad loss was to UCLA (one of the biggest mystery teams this year).
Worst loss was to DePaul.
They did beat ranked Washington, which went undefeated & has lost 4 in a row.
They seem inconsistent, just like us... flip a coin... 50/50.

I'm hoping Ollie will have their attention for the Stanford game. All he has to do is show them video of the last game.

This could end up as one of those Bubble Team Bracket Busters games.

Reaction Score
How do we match up with them? Seems like their strength is the 3 point shot. What are their weaknesses?

We match up fine, they rely on Randle a lot and from the games I've seen he can score whenever he wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CT2SC

Top Bottom