Mountain Time Sucks - The Unofficial Boise State Game Thread | Page 21 | The Boneyard

Mountain Time Sucks - The Unofficial Boise State Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I don't get it. Pre-snap we look so good, except for Peart (or Parrot as the announcers call him).

Reaction Score
Playing a zone defense against Boise just allows for pitch and catch over the middle and to the sidelines. With UConn's pass rush there is absolutely no chance of defending the pass. Teams will complete 75% of their passes.
The offense puts zero pressure on opponents defense. It looks like our running backs look for defenders to run into.
Not sure this team is as bad as it looks, but at some point the scoreboard is the scoreboard.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
UConn doesn't have the talent to beat UCF or Boise State's second teams. Very few UConn playe4s could make the roster at either of these programs. Kinda feel sorry for Edsall, he's got to be shocked at the top to bottom decline in the talent level from his first tenure here.

Gotta think it crosses Edsall's mind quite a bit that had he never left UConn that a) We likely would have built upon the momentum of the Fiesta Bowl bid b) gotten into the ACC c) he'd be nearing a 20 year legacy and would forever go down as a legend in the state.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
It’s doesn’t stop you from laying out some physical punishment. I’d blitz every play and start knocking the crap out if the QB just to make a point. Yes, I’m vindictive.
How do you suppose you get to said QB when you can’t shed a blocker?

Reaction Score
Gotta think it crosses Edsall's mind quite a bit that had he never left UConn that a) We likely would have built upon the momentum of the Fiesta Bowl bid b) gotten into the ACC c) he'd be nearing a 20 year legacy and would forever go down as a legend in the state.

We would definitely be in the ACC if he never left for his dream job, and KO would still be the head coach of the basketball team as he could have recruited much better.

SwingDog

"THIS is the life you have"
Reaction Score
UConn can't tackle, they have an issue with angles, and the entire defense looks beaten and has given up. Just terrible and I am so glad I am not there because I would have left by now
They shouldn't have an issue with angles. Sure, they're playing Boise State and we know they're young, but this team looks totally shell shocked and intimidated. I agree with you, they look terrible. I hope somehow they can get it together for an improved second half.

Reaction Score
I might stay up just to read about the press conference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member