OT: - Mother's Day Songs | The Boneyard

OT: Mother's Day Songs

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Ok, I don't see any song threads from this month on the first page, so I should be able to start one without getting in trouble. ;)

Since Mother's Day is coming up this weekend, don't forget your mother. Songs with Mother (mom, mama, etc.) in the Title or bands with Mother (mom, mama, etc.) in their name. I think there's quite a few of them out there.

So I'll start with Mother - Pink Floyd

Reaction Score
Ok, I don't see any song threads from this month on the first page, so I should be able to start one without getting in trouble. ;)

Since Mother's Day is coming up this weekend, don't forget your mother. Songs with Mother (mom, mama, etc.) in the Title or bands with Mother (mom, mama, etc.) in their name. I think there's quite a few of them out there.

So I'll start with Mother - Pink Floyd
Excellent topic & excellent lead off choice!
I'm gonna piggyback on this with another version, this one from The Wall Live in Berlin.
Sinead O'Connor on lead with some talented support.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I'm not sure if this really fits the theme, but anytime I have a chance to post a Smokey Robinson song I'm doing it.

Reaction Score
One from Hal Ketchum - RIP, Hal.
Mama Knows the Highway
Not the best quality video.

Reaction Score
Here's one that may not quite fit the spirit of Mother's Day, but it does mention "mother" in the lyrics. Pete Townsend is a little twisted...

ThisJustIn

Queen of Queens
Reaction Score
Claudia Schmidt and Sally Rogers, "Mama I Miss You Tonight."

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Saw a cool video a couple years ago for this, but can't find it now. Anyway. A good Canadian group.

No Sugar Tonight / New Mother Nature - The Guess Who

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
One of the most heartfelt performances in Elvis Presley’s catalog, “Mama Liked The Roses” was recorded in 1970 when his voice was arguably at an all-time peak. Elvis’s love for his mother Gladys was legendary and though this tribute song was recorded 12 years after her death, you can still hear him fighting back tears during the spoken part. Though only a B-side at the time, it’s since become one of the iconic Elvis tracks.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom