Mostly OT - quality TV | The Boneyard

Mostly OT - quality TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Although we joke that our TV doesn't know how to record anything but sports, home and food shows, we recently recorded, and are just finishing watching 2 high quality series - North America, with marvelous photography of the wild areas of our continent, and Constitution USA, a look at the constitution and how it is understood (and working) in these modern times. Both were quality programming, and if you haven't seen either, I recommend you catch them on repeat or CD if you can.

On a Women's Basketball note, we just watched the Nine for IX - Swoops. Fascinating program, to my mind the best of the series so far, although the Venus Williams show was quite good as well.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
which channel is North America on?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
If you haven't watched Breaking Bad and/or The Wire over the past 10 years, you haven't been living right.

Reactions: THC

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
If you haven't watched Breaking Bad and/or The Wire over the past 10 years, you haven't been living right.
Never understood the appeal of either. Found both incredibly overwrought and boring. Not saying folks shouldn't just that both did nothing for me. It's just the way the world is different people different tastes.

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
I just watched The Wire this summer, all the way through. Incredible.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
My wife and want to watch Breaking Bad. We'll have start at the beginning. We watch The Walking Dead faithfully. Something I never thought I would like.

Reaction Score
Stumbled across Breaking Bad during one of the first shows of the first season (Tuco at the Junkyard - I recognized Raymond Cruz) and was INSTANTLY hooked (I guess it was like crack cocaine).

Never got into The Wire but a lot of people rave about it. Been thinking about re-subscribing to Netflix - maybe I'll check out the old shows.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
never saw the Wire... couldn't afford HBO when it was airing

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
which channel is North America on?

My wife thinks it was Discovery. Its over, but they were marketing the DVD.

As to you folks talking about The Wire and Breaking Bad - I don't even know what they are!!!!!!!! Seriously, sports, some home and real estate shows on DIY and HGTV and cooking shows on Food Network pretty much describe all we watch. My wife also watches some of the "Say Yes to the Dress" programs and "Sister Wives", but that is about it.

Reaction Score
The Good Wife.
Best that network television has, and continuing to be relevant, as the wiener scandal proves.
Extremely well developed, layered characters.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
We don't watch much summer TV, but some favorites are Doc Martin, America's Got Talent and Who Do You Think You Are?

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
Saw the Swoopes episode, very interesting. Knew a bit about her before, but learned a lot more.

Reaction Score
The Good Wife.
Best that network television has, and continuing to be relevant, as the wiener scandal proves.
Extremely well developed, layered characters.

Good Wife and Blue Bloods the two best network TV shows. Great character development in both series.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
never saw the Wire... couldn't afford HBO when it was airing
If you have HBO now, it is available on HBOGO and you can watch on Computer, Tablet or smartphone. If you have and HDMI, DMI, or VGA hookup, it is easy to get it to your television.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
If you have HBO now, it is available on HBOGO and you can watch on Computer, Tablet or smartphone. If you have and HDMI, DMI, or VGA hookup, it is easy to get it to your television.
HBOGO is an app?

Husky25

Reaction Score
IMHO, not "one of the best" but simply the best.

It also wasn't a mini-series. It was a full on 5 season, 13 episodes per season series. I ran through them all in about 3 weeks. The trouble with doing marathons years after the fact is 1) You have to realize what time period they were portraying, or else "current day," doesn't hold up well (I.e. Burner cell phones are not a new fangled concept), and 2) if, at the end of the series finale, it leaves you wanting more, tough luck. There is zero chance they will produce new shows.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
got it... thanks, now I have something to watch while at work :oops:

Husky25

Reaction Score
got it... thanks, now I have something to watch while at work :oops:
Be careful...HBO doesn't offer a "Boss Button" like CBS does for the NCAA Tourney...;)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Be careful...HBO doesn't offer a "Boss Button" like CBS does for the NCAA Tourney...;)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
no need on 3rd shift, no one is around (watching S1E1 right now)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom