Most satisfying home game you've attended? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Most satisfying home game you've attended?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
First UConn/Tenn game....MLK Day in 1995....great atmosphere....77-66 for the good guys!
The poll voters normally came out in Monday's paper with the weekly rankings. That week....and that week alone...
they delayed the results till Tuesday because the winner of that game would be #1 for sure.

Rebecca fouled out with about 5 minutes to go...we had the lead but the game was still dicey. As she left the court with her fifth foul
she grabbed Kara Wolters and seemed to be threatening her to play well...or else! Kara did just fine in the last few minutes.

That's #1 for me too Blake - That was still the loudest event I've ever attended. My ears were ringing for days afterwards. The good old days of low security. Went down right by the court perimeter afterwards and high-fived some of the players. Told coach Pat I was glad they came up here to play us and she thanked me. What a new era it was after that great game.

Reaction Score
First UConn/Tenn game....MLK Day in 1995....great atmosphere....77-66 for the good guys!
The poll voters normally came out in Monday's paper with the weekly rankings. That week....and that week alone...
they delayed the results till Tuesday because the winner of that game would be #1 for sure.

Rebecca fouled out with about 5 minutes to go...we had the lead but the game was still dicey. As she left the court with her fifth foul
she grabbed Kara Wolters and seemed to be threatening her to play well...or else! Kara did just fine in the last few minutes.
Took a half-day vacation to watch on tv. Fantastic game.

BooRadley

CPL Boo, USMC
Reaction Score
Uconn/Tennessee. Got last minute tickets. Taurasi hits a 3/4 court shot to end the half. Then hits a big three to tie and send the game into OT.

http://espn.go.com/ncw/recap?gameId=230040041

This is my favorite game too... I brought my niece to her first game... And whatta first game see.

We had great seats about 10 rows back from Geno & the team. Towards the last half of the 2nd half, some guy two rows behind us started screaming out the DE-FENSE chant at the top of his lungs every time Tenn had the ball. Soon the folks in my section & the sections around us were stomping their feet to the rhythm of the chant. I don't know if that guy started the whole place stomping and screaming or more likely several people started at the same time but the one thing I am certain of is that the whole place was in a frenzy. It was Great... D's TWO long shots are a wonderful memory to have. The crowd was whipped up by the grit the team showed and the team was whipped up by the whole crazy environment. Again, whatta game.

My 2nd favorite game was the MLK game.

YOPB

Reaction Score
I was lucky to be in Gampel for Tennessee in 1995 and the Sue Bird buzzer beater against Notre Dame in 2001.

Reaction Score
The two UCONN-Tennessee games which others have said in Hartford. Those were my top 2 Hartford Games - my 2 favorits.

Most satisfying Gampel game was beating ND on the Sue Bird buzzer-beater.

Of course in Bdgpt it was the buzzer-beater from Turner vs Ga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown