Most Popular team in CT | The Boneyard

Most Popular team in CT

Which team is the most popular across the state?

• Uconn men

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Uconn Women

Votes: 58 70.7%
  • Yankees

Votes: 11 13.4%
  • Giants

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Knicks

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Pats

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Sox

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Celtics

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Which team, unbiased, do you think is CTs most popular?
You left out the Mets, Jets, and Nets. I suspect they have a lot of fans in Fairfield County et al. Wouldn't have changed my vote however.

As this is a WBB Site, I would be surprised if the result isn't overwhelming in favor of Geno's team. If this were a general sports Site I would expect one of the football teams to garner the most votes.

sun

Reaction Score
The Pats have been in 10 Super Bowls in the last 25 years.
They're New England's team and the NFL may be more popular among more people than WCBB.

Reaction Score
CT for it's size is not homogeneous as far as it's fandom. I grew up in Eastern Ct where 75-80% are sox fans. Go down to Fairfield and the sox are a distant 3rd to the Yanks and Mets. Same with NFL fans.

Reaction Score
It's hard not to be biased. My family is Uconn above all other teams, but I feel like the Yankee and Red Sox love is too deep. Uconn bball popularity is 30ish years old. Yankees/red sox is in the soil.

sun

Reaction Score
The Patriots are the top NFL team jersey sold by Lids in CT for the 2021-2022 season.

A few years ago I read an article that interviewed a sports shop owner in the Hartford Civic Center, and he said that he sold more Patriots jerseys than any other jersey by far.

Reaction Score
CT for it's size is not homogeneous as far as it's fandom. I grew up in Eastern Ct where 75-80% are sox fans. Go down to Fairfield and the sox are a distant 3rd to the Yanks and Mets. Same with NFL fans.
This is a silly poll for a UConn WBB site. As far as baseball is concerned, I live near the middle of the state and as far as I can tell it's real close to 50/50 Yankees and Red Sucks. Being an ex-NJ person, I'll always pull for the Yankees and Giants, although I was warming up to the Pats until Brady and Gronk left.

Reaction Score
Women's basketball is a niche market. Not nearly as many people watch women's basketball, even our beloved UConn Huskies, as do watch football or baseball or even men's basketball. That said, baseball is split prettymuch 50/50 to red sox / yankees (yes the mets are around, but not as many fans as the yankees). And football, i know the Pats are pretty popular. No idea how popular the giants or jets are - just know that the jets are not a winning team lately lol. Don't know much about NBA, so i'm going to guess that is split too. Pats have my guess.

Reaction Score
I can attest to that, living in Eastern CT. Oh sure there are the odd Yankee/Mets/Giants fans but they're just that, odd. ;):)

The UConn women's team is the one team the entire state can agree on.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Women's basketball is a niche market. Not nearly as many people watch women's basketball, even our beloved UConn Huskies, as do watch football or baseball or even men's basketball. That said, baseball is split prettymuch 50/50 to red sox / yankees (yes the mets are around, but not as many fans as the yankees). And football, i know the Pats are pretty popular. No idea how popular the giants or jets are - just know that the jets are not a winning team lately lol. Don't know much about NBA, so i'm going to guess that is split too. Pats have my guess.
Even if there are Giants / Jets fans, they won't admit it. :oops::oops::oops:

Add the Bills and you got something.

Reaction Score
I can attest to that, living in Eastern CT. Oh sure there are the odd Yankee/Mets/Giants fans but they're just that, odd. ;):)

The UConn women's team is the one team the entire state can agree on.
I posted this same survey on the men's BY and they overwhelmingly disagree.

Reaction Score
This is a silly poll for a UConn WBB site. As far as baseball is concerned, I live near the middle of the state and as far as I can tell it's real close to 50/50 Yankees and Red Sucks. Being an ex-NJ person, I'll always pull for the Yankees and Giants, although I was warming up to the Pats until Brady and Gronk left.

When I started watching pro football the No 1 team in New England was the Giants. In CT the No 2 team was the Browns, believe it or not. They were the new kids of the NFL, coming from the old All American Conference. Paul Brown was an innovator and introduced the passing game as a primary weapon. Ironically, they became best known as Jimmy Brown's team.

You can still find a lot of Giant fans up in Maine among the old geezers like myself.

Reaction Score
1664577108583.png

I go to a few UConn WBB games a year. I think the Hartford Whalers hat is second to UConn. I also notice a surprising number of Boston Bruins hats in Storrs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom