Most important thing, a win | The Boneyard

Most important thing, a win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A couple of observations from the game

First of all the reffing. I want to say, I have reffed a bunch. I play ball a bunch. I try to be somewhat subjective(its hard sometimes) This reffing in this game was awful. What bothers me though is the bigger picture. It seems like every game we got a ton of awful calls. One game its 3 carries, the next its 3 ridiculous travel calls, or moving screens. Lets put it this way, we are not that undisciplined a team.

Purvis, I missed the second half in the Texas game so I heard about his heroics but did not see them. He can light it up.

Hamilton. The guy is an amazing player but he looked a little lost trying to take over tonight. Leading to...

Sterling Gibbs. he has struggled at times so far but he won that game for us. He singlehandedly got us in the bonus. That three was sick and while it was not a perfect game he made a ton of winning plays.

For a hostile reffing crew on the road like that despite the ridiculous ref assisted 17-0 run that is a damn good win on the road tonight.

Reaction Score
Yep most important is they got the W.

Pretty much hosed the 2nd half during the run, everyone was either fouled out or in foul trouble, DHam had an awful 2nd half (besides the FT's) way too many bad decisions and they survived a 17-0 run.

All in all, GOOD win!:eek:

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Tulane had the win...but blew it at the line. The refs were begging them to win.

Enter Phil !!

Reaction Score
Well I think you just saw the blue print of how teams will attack UConn. Drive it into the paint every time. Our guards can't stay in front of their man most of the time and the guys on the back line aren't Brimah.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
This is the second straight game where Nolan had a key defensive play late in the game. Tonight was all the more impressive though as he made 2 of them after riding the pines for the first 38:43.

Reaction Score
Stat keepers screwed DHam. Didn't think he missed from the line, but they had him 9-10. Turns out they gave him a missed free throw on the lane violation, which is wrong. No shot attempt should be given and Enoch should have a turnover.

Reaction Score
Stat keepers screwed DHam. Didn't think he missed from the line, but they had him 9-10. Turns out they gave him a missed free throw on the lane violation, which is wrong. No shot attempt should be given and Enoch should have a turnover.
Just part of the home job.

Silk31

Foot Stays on Gas
Reaction Score
We just need to avoid horrible AAC losses. There will be ample opportunities for a slip up in conference play but if we steer clear of the losses to the AAC bottom feeders then we should be ok moving forward

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom