Most Disappointing Big East Team Opening Night | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Most Disappointing Big East Team Opening Night

Which team had the most disappointing opening night?

• Creighton vs Arkansas Pine Bluff

Votes: 18 15.7%
  • Providence vs Fairfield

Votes: 32 27.8%
  • Marquette vs SIUE

Votes: 12 10.4%
  • Xaiver vs Niagra

Votes: 44 38.3%
  • Butler vs IUPIU

Votes: 9 7.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
I love these hot takes about how every team sucks because they didn't win by 50 in their first game of the season when several of these teams replaced half their roster in the offseason due to the Transfer Portal going nuts and weird covid eligibility rules. There are a lot of teams figuring stuff out in real time that should be settled down in a month.

The only thing the Big East needs to do is survive this first month without too many bad losses. I can guarantee there will be some though.

Reaction Score
Winning is the most important. You need all those wins. They will come in handy when the conference pecking order is established in March for NCAA bids. The year when the BET/NCAA was cancelled the Big East had a top notch OOC winning percentage of 80%... They were on their way to sending 7-8 teams. The league has to strive to do that again

Reaction Score
I honestly don’t understand the Creighton votes. They’re relying on their stud freshman class and although imperfect, Kaluma and Nembhard both looked like future studs and Alexander clearly is skilled as well. They might not be as bad as people figured this year (not sure Butler is really better), and they certainly look like they have a bright future.

Xavier was missing Freemantle to their credit too.

Reaction Score
I honestly don’t understand the Creighton votes. They’re relying on their stud freshman class and although imperfect, Kaluma and Nembhard both looked like future studs and Alexander clearly is skilled as well. They might not be as bad as people figured this year (not sure Butler is really better), and they certainly look like they have a bright future.

Xavier was missing Freemantle to their credit too.
They were down 9 at the half and by 13 in the beginning of the 2nd half against a 350+ KenPom team. They were ~34 point favorites like us and while we won by 50, they won by 13. Even in winning they dropped almost 10 KenPom spots.

The poll opened while they were making their run and the lead was probably in the high single digits against an abhorrent team.

It sounds like you thought they'd be worse relative to others' expectations (they were preseason top 60 KenPom team), but they played horribly for a top 60 team. They missed their first 14 3-point attempts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom