Most crap talked about a player who had a double-double | The Boneyard

Most crap talked about a player who had a double-double

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
This thread title sums up the essence of being a UCONN fan in 10 words. Well done.

Reaction Score
Hamilton is frustrating to watch, but at least was trying to win. However, I'd sure like to know who his coaches were prior to coming to UConn. I wanna bitch slap them.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Congrats guys, we set a record tonight.

First, I love the potential that hamilton has and i know he will be a great UConn player.
Second, it's great he scored a double-double and he was not dogging it at all.
Third, however, one must look at the turnovers, the missed "chippies, and the defensive lapses and figure that those cost an appreciable amount of points the other way. Points you can't get back.
I know he's a freshman and he's prone to errors. On the flip side, he's probably played more basketball than anything else he's done in his short lifetime and one would think he would would have rid himself of some of the continual "bad habits".
I look at his prior coaching as a source of frustration, but as I've said before, there are at least three accomplished guards sitting as coaches on that bench and I have not seen an appreciable decrease in these habits. Why on earth would he want to perform or why do the coaches tolerate this fake shot action everytime he has the ball. It's costing him time and losing the ability to quick step past a defender. His passing skills on in bound plays is horrible - its obvious he is not used to doing this as he probably was always the main target to receive the ball - but the passes are telgraphed and lazy- why does KO allow this? I noticed that he didn't dribble into a 4v1 situation last night - hopefully that is due to corrective action OR he was just fortunate to not get into such a situation. He does not play defense with his feet, we have seen his quickness, but, relies on reach ins.
I love the potential and you can see that there is a glimmer of greatness in his game, but in my opinion, he needs to work on some really bad habits he has picked up and developed over time.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
It was extremely frustrating to watch the team play last night, and probably the most frustrating to watch was Hamilton.

The reason why it's so frustrating to watch is because we all see Hamilton's potential and know how good he can be. He's only a freshman and still adjusting to the game. He will figure it out, it's just going to take some time.

I hated watching last night's game. I really thought the team was starting to put the pieces together. Obviously they still have a long way to go, but I still believe they will put it together by the end of the season.

Reaction Score
First, I love the potential that hamilton has and i know he will be a great UConn player.
Second, it's great he scored a double-double and he was not dogging it at all.
Third, however, one must look at the turnovers, the missed "chippies, and the defensive lapses and figure that those cost an appreciable amount of points the other way. Points you can't get back.
I know he's a freshman and he's prone to errors. On the flip side, he's probably played more basketball than anything else he's done in his short lifetime and one would think he would would have rid himself of some of the continual "bad habits".
I look at his prior coaching as a source of frustration, but as I've said before, there are at least three accomplished guards sitting as coaches on that bench and I have not seen an appreciable decrease in these habits. Why on earth would he want to perform or why do the coaches tolerate this fake shot action everytime he has the ball. It's costing him time and losing the ability to quick step past a defender. His passing skills on in bound plays is horrible - its obvious he is not used to doing this as he probably was always the main target to receive the ball - but the passes are telgraphed and lazy- why does KO allow this? I noticed that he didn't dribble into a 4v1 situation last night - hopefully that is due to corrective action OR he was just fortunate to not get into such a situation. He does not play defense with his feet, we have seen his quickness, but, relies on reach ins.
I love the potential and you can see that there is a glimmer of greatness in his game, but in my opinion, he needs to work on some really bad habits he has picked up and developed over time.

Wait, you mean a freshman in college isn't a perfect player? Can you believe it???

Reaction Score
Its because he takes stupid shots, has stupid turnovers, and commits stupid fouls.

Reaction Score
We are talking about a FRESHMAN! Has UConn ever had to rely on their freshman to be the (arguably) second option? Especially with the injury to RB, we use DHam in so many phases of the game he's bound to make some mistakes. 16,13 and 3 TOs is a pretty good comeback from a 6,2 and 5 TO game he put up against cinci if you ask me.

Growing Pains.

Reaction Score
We are talking about a FRESHMAN! Has UConn ever had to rely on their freshman to be the (arguably) second option? Especially with the injury to RB, we use DHam in so many phases of the game he's bound to make some mistakes. 16,13 and 3 TOs is a pretty good comeback from a 6,2 and 5 TO game he put up against cinci if you ask me.

Growing Pains.

Jeremy Lamb was the #2 option, but overall I agree with your point.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Wait, you mean a freshman in college isn't a perfect player? Can you believe it???
what the hell are you referring to?
No where did I admonish him for not being perfect

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
hamilton getting double doubles playing horribly, i wonder whats gonna happen when things click for him. monster upside

He will most likely be wearing an NBA jersey for his second or third season when that happens - see Jeremy Lamb.

Reaction Score
DHam is a player. As much as he drives me nuts sometimes with the errant passes and the questionable handles on his drives, it's actually nice that he's taking his lumps this year, when we're (probably) not going to win the championship so he can come back in the next year (maybe two) and really dominate.

Reaction Score
He has lapses in judgement for sure and straight arms alot of his shots. What has bothered me all season long is he has to go one on one to score all the time. He works the hardest to score he doesnt use picks or use screens for those Rip type jumpers. Everything is one on one. He eventually will cut back on thos turnovers and stupid shots by next year. They almost all do- see Kemba, Bazz, Boat.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
and was wildly inconsistent his freshman year

I remember making a post on here, while that team was struggling, to the effect of "He's going to be a star down the road but he'll never be someone we can rely on this year." I was happy to eat that crow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom