Most 3-point FGA in a single game by a UConn player | The Boneyard

Most 3-point FGA in a single game by a UConn player

Reaction Score
Not sure if anyone else has pointed this out but it looks like Jordan Hawkins tied the single-game record for most 3-pointers attempted by a UConn player last night at 14 3PA. Five UConn players have attempted 14 threes in a game before: Ray Allen, Rip Hamilton, Rashad Anderson, Christian Vital, and now Hawkins.

Could easily see Hawkins breaking this record. Seems like he has the ultimate green light and with good reason. I liked every single three pointer he shot last night too.

For those curious, the individual record for most three-pointers made in a UConn game is held by Ray, who hit 9 of the record 14 he attempted against Rutgers on 2/28/1996. Kind of crazy that no one has attempted more shots since in the last 16 years, especially given the added importance of the three point shot in modern basketball.

Reaction Score
I like Hawkins in the Rashad Anderson+ role. +Plus because he's locked in and committed to playing both ways and is contributing on defense much more that Anderson.

And when defenders start to close out hard on him. He can pump fake and side step like turkey 3 Polly to get his shot off or has the handle to dribble into the lane and pull-up or finish at the rim when the opportunity presents itself

Reaction Score
Also, 17 overall made three pointers is a UConn team record.

Reaction Score
Also, 17 overall made three pointers is a UConn team record.
Yeah I should have included that in my original post as well! Quite the big night for three point shooting.

Also pretty big step up in competition from the opponent we hit 16 three-pointers against, USF.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
While I love Hawk’s 3 point shooting and he deservingly has the green light, I would like to see him take it to the basket more too.

He made two amazing plays the 2 times he drove to the cup on the lob to DC and the and 1 on the fast break.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I liked what someone said in another thread. UConn attempted 37 3's last night and none really seemed forced.

Even after the game Hurlwy said he wants about 30 3 point attempts a game.

Reaction Score
I liked what someone said in another thread. UConn attempted 37 3's last night and none really seemed forced.

Even after the game Hurlwy said he wants about 30 3 point attempts a game.
Yeah, definitely took what the defense was giving them.

37 3PA is a team record as well. Previous high was 35 in the 6OT game vs. Cuse. 30 was the most we attempted in a single game last year (Coppin).

Reaction Score
With the arsenal of 3 point fire power, it comes as no surprise that it’s integral part of coach offense plan.

Let it fly, baby!

Reaction Score
With the arsenal of 3 point fire power, it comes as no surprise that it’s integral part of coach offense plan.

Let it fly, baby!
As long as they’re falling.

Reaction Score
Not sure if anyone else has pointed this out but it looks like Jordan Hawkins tied the single-game record for most 3-pointers attempted by a UConn player last night at 14 3PA. Five UConn players have attempted 14 threes in a game before: Ray Allen, Rip Hamilton, Rashad Anderson, Christian Vital, and now Hawkins.

Could easily see Hawkins breaking this record. Seems like he has the ultimate green light and with good reason. I liked every single three pointer he shot last night too.

For those curious, the individual record for most three-pointers made in a UConn game is held by Ray, who hit 9 of the record 14 he attempted against Rutgers on 2/28/1996. Kind of crazy that no one has attempted more shots since in the last 16 years, especially given the added importance of the three point shot in modern basketball.
I wish it was only 16 years since 1996. 26 years ago. Ouch!

Reaction Score
We have fully embraced the Jay Wright mentality of having 4-5 shooters on the floor. If you take enough 3's you don't need to make as many shots to win a game. It gives you a ton of flexibility if you can hit them at even a 35% clip. You can afford more turnovers, you can afford to get outrebounded, etc. Just gives us more margin for error. As long as they aren't forced I love the strategy. Karaban might be the best shooter on the team and he hasn't even really gotten hot yet, we just have so many guys that can kill you from 3. That being said, we'll have our nights where nothing seems to fall and the BY will melt down and say "we take too many 3's!"

Reaction Score
We have fully embraced the Jay Wright mentality of having 4-5 shooters on the floor. If you take enough 3's you don't need to make as many shots to win a game. It gives you a ton of flexibility if you can hit them at even a 35% clip. You can afford more turnovers, you can afford to get outrebounded, etc. Just gives us more margin for error. As long as they aren't forced I love the strategy. Karaban might be the best shooter on the team and he hasn't even really gotten hot yet, we just have so many guys that can kill you from 3. That being said, we'll have our nights where nothing seems to fall and the BY will melt down and say "we take too many 3's!"
this is possibly the best shooting team we’ve had since……

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom