Mo's town being hit by a tornado | The Boneyard

Mo's town being hit by a tornado

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Hopefully she is taking shelter somewhere. Glenn Heights TX is getting a tornado, and the team has all scattered across the country to their homes for the holiday. Stay safe Mo!

Reaction Score
She's back for practice or should be (thank goodness)
Let's hope her family and home are ok
Are they all back? I mean some of them are posting pics in the last day or so where they are clearly home (unless CT has palm trees that I am unaware of).

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
All i know is that they were supposed to be back for a practice today

There are fatalities in the Dallas area.

Reaction Score
All i know is that they were supposed to be back for a practice today

There are fatalities in the Dallas area.
Sadly TX is getting hit pretty hard this weekend between tornadoes and blizzard conditions across the panhandle. I guess if we're enjoying nice weather some one else is getting destroyed with bad weather.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
Was a deadly night here in the Dallas area with Garland taking the brunt of the storm. Eight people are known to be dead in Garland and there are three additional deaths in other towns.

There was some pretty severe structural damage in the Glenn Heights/Ovilla area, which is south of Dallas. No fatalities in that area.

Reaction Score
Was a deadly night here in the Dallas area with Garland taking the brunt of the storm. Eight people are known to be dead in Garland and there are three additional deaths in other towns.

There was some pretty severe structural damage in the Glenn Heights/Ovilla area, which is south of Dallas. No fatalities in that area.
Garland was hit very badly. Very unfortunate. I hope you and your family made it out okay.
The crazy thing about this all is the fact they said in can transition to snow by tonight :confused:. Welcome to Texas.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

Best wishes and prayers to those impacted by this storm. Donations can be sent here.
https://www.redcross.org/donate/donation

Reaction Score
I have a college buddy living in Ft. Worth, the triangle area! I'm giving him a call!
Well it was several miles to the west of his apt. He lucked out he said!

Last edited:

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
The nightmare of a big tornado is only made worse when it hits at night, invisible but for the flash of exploding transformers or the odd stroke of lightning. This thing was a killer.

Prayers for those in Garland and others affected.

Last edited:

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I echo my sympathies and well wishes for anyone involved in this dangerous meteorological event, especially this time of year.

Not to trivialize this event, but when people question the Texas-to-Storrs decision as relates to recruiting, the weather is most frequently raised as an objection. Yes, we have harsh winters up here sometimes...but tornadoes of this magnitude are far rarer..

Atleast5char

I did it; I let the dogs out.
Reaction Score
My brother lives in Rowlett, Tx, Tornado missed his house by two blocks. Missing shingles off the roof. All ok thank God!
My niece lives in Rowlett, too. She was out of town but was able to get in touch with neighbors and the kennel, and her house and dogs are OK. Scary stuff.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I echo my sympathies and well wishes for anyone involved in this dangerous meteorological event, especially this time of year.

Not to trivialize this event, but when people question the Texas-to-Storrs decision as relates to recruiting, the weather is most frequently raised as an objection. Yes, we have harsh winters up here sometimes...but tornadoes of this magnitude are far rarer..

Even in Texas it would be hard to find a person who has seen a tornado. And the chances of actually being in the path of a tornado is very rare. But when you are, hold on to your breeches.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
easttexastrash said:
Even in Texas it would be hard to find a person who has seen a tornado. And the chances of actually being in the path of a tornado is very rare. But when you are, hold on to your breeches.
depends on where on Texas. Austin? Well, there was Jarrel (sp?) in 1997, but little else. Panhandle? Part of Tornado Alley, no? Meanwhile, snowy, cold winters are pretty commonplace in New England, so it is a negative recruiter. Just saying extreme weather like tornadoes are not unheard of in parts of the Lone Star.

Reaction Score
"After much debate, then, we settled on Slate's "America's Best Place to Avoid Death Due to Natural Disaster": the area in and around Storrs, Conn., home to the University of Connecticut."

Atleast5char

I did it; I let the dogs out.
Reaction Score
I agree. Born and lived in Texas till I was 38, and my only sighting was when I was in my mid-twenties, and there were 2 tornadoes next to each other. The city wasn't hit, but I never care to see another. That being said, a funnel cloud that didn't drop (confirmed by meteorologists) produced straight-line winds that blew our tree down here in CT a few years ago. I didn't see the cloud, but neighbors got video of the rotation on their cell phone. It can happen anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom