Moriah | The Boneyard

Moriah

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
First of all, you need to see her in person to get a good feel for how fast she is. She, Bria and Brianna are going to terrorize opponents. And, yes, I believe Geno will play that combo when he wants to go small and fast, as he did last night.

Back to MoJo - she had a couple of fresman brain cramps last night, as did her fellow froshies, but overall I was impressed with the maturity of her decisions. For example, there was one fast break where she was going a million miles an hour down the court but Wake, which had finally gotten the message after frequent pleas from its coach, got down the court in time to make a shot or a flashy pass a foolish idea. So, Moriah put on the brakes and set up the offense. I know it sounds unspectacular but she was able to assess the situation and make a very quick decision. It was a smart play for a PG in only her third collgiate game.

You can teach a kid about rebounding and such but you can't teach basketball IQ. Moriah has a high basketball IQ. This kid is going to be really good.

Reaction Score
First of all, you need to see her in person to get a good feel for how fast she is. She, Bria and Brianna are going to terrorize opponents. And, yes, I believe Geno will play that combo when he wants to go small and fast, as he did last night.

Back to MoJo - she had a couple of fresman brain cramps last night, as did her fellow froshies, but overall I was impressed with the maturity of her decisions. For example, there was one fast break where she was going a million miles down the court an hour but Wake, which had finally gotten the message after frequent pleas from its coach, got down the court in time to make a flashy pass a foolish idea. So, Moriah put on the brakes and set up the offense. I know it sounds unspectacular but she was able to assess the situation and make a very quick decision. It was a smart play for a PG in only her third collgiate game.

This kid is going to be really good.

I think I remember that play. Did she set up the offense by passing the ball back to the top of the key? Because that pass was a bullet. She can put some zip on the ball.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I think I remember that play. Did she set up the offense by passing the ball back to the top of the key? Because that pass was a bullet. She can put some zip on the ball.
Yep. I think it was to Morgan? Not sure.

Phil

Stats Geek
Reaction Score
I remember that play and think it was to Morgan.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
MoJeff is special.

Her passes are zingers and I think she will have a great UCONN career.

Of note also, when her and Hartley were both in the game, Jefferson was the point and Hartley was the #2 guard. There was one play Moriah had the ball at the top with Bria on her right wing and KML on the left. Stef was on the high post and Breanna Stewart down low and I was thinking, geezz!

Y? Options.....Moriah had multiple places to pass the ball to a scorer. This team will be hard to defend for most if not all teams this year.

ChicagoGG

Windy City Kitty
Reaction Score
Nan and TJI - Please keep the observations/news/nuggets coming! Much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom