Moriah Spellbinding | The Boneyard

Moriah Spellbinding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Love watching her! It seems the WNBA Ticket uses the Stars radio feed. The announcer is a hoot! He, at least, calls Mo "MJ". She constantly amazes him (and us). I enjoy the play-by-play even if it is a bit much for TV, but also like his ramblings. Without anyone else to talk to, he kind of rambles to himself, the crew...

HGN

Reaction Score
Mo definitely has been In The Zone as of late. Scoring in the mid-20's and dishing out 5+ assists per game. With only about 3 games left in the season she may not win ROY but she will
be on the All-Rookie First Team. She has had a very good Rookie season.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Not to say that Moriah isn't crazy talented. Not to say she isn't deserving of ROY consideration. But let's just pump the brakes a bit. 4 years is a long time in the development of a point guard. Lots of things can and will happen in the life of a young player during that time. Good players plateau and good players suddenly just get it. In four years Odyssey and Skylar may yet have a say in this.

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Not to say that Moriah isn't crazy talented. Not to say she isn't deserving of ROY consideration. But let's just pump the brakes a bit. 4 years is a long time in the development of a point guard. Lots of things can and will happen in the life of a young player during that time. Good players plateau and good players suddenly just get it. In four years Odyssey and Skylar may yet have a say in this.

Jordy, that's a truism; we can only speculate based on what we now have. No dampers, please.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
Yes, they yet may. But I'll be more shocked than 300 dead reindeer if Mo is not the starter in 2020.

Jimbo

Running to Stand Still
Reaction Score
I could not be more thrilled for Moriah. I don't watch as much of the WNBA as many of you do, and I was (foolishly?) concerned that it might take her a little longer, especially given her size, to adapt to the tougher level of competition this year. Rarely have I been so glad to be proven wrong. What's particularly impressed me is how she's excelled in taking on a larger scoring burden given her team's deficiencies, which is a role she was never really forced into during her UConn career. She reminds me of Allen Iverson with all she's doing for her team right now...but we all know also what a superb facilitator she is when she has the right pieces around her. A lot can still happen, so I won't pen her in as a 2020 Olympian just yet, but you have to believe she'll have an excellent shot at making that team. It's rare to find a pass-first point guard who knows how to play seamlessly with other great players but is also dynamic enough to shake any defender and get her own shot anytime she needs to, and that is a combination of skills that would seem to be a perfect fit on a future edition of Team USA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom