MORIAH JEFFERSON.. | The Boneyard

MORIAH JEFFERSON..

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Welcome, Moriah! I hope MoJeff has her Mojo working for Tuesday's game!

Reaction Score
Hopefully, she brought her sneakers for some workouts with the team at Shoot a round......Who else is coming to the game?.........Nobody gets national attention like UCONN........How much $$$$ is this worth in recruiting?....

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Given that Sue showed up for Towson and Dayton, I'd be surprised if she didn't attend the A&M game too. Love her around the program, even if it's because she has to rehab.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Breanna Stewart will be at the game. She said she wants to spend time with Moriah.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
Breanna Stewart will be at the game. She said she wants to spend time with Moriah.
That's terrific and critical, both generally from a future team-building perspective, as well as specific to Moriah's situation. I know she does AAU and such, but a home-schooled kid from Texas is going to feel a long way from home when she goes to Storrs. The closer she is to the team, the more likely she'll be to adjust well.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Just hanging out with Sue Bird has to be invaluable to the current Huskies. The power of Wendy's!

Reaction Score
That's terrific and critical, both generally from a future team-building perspective, as well as specific to Moriah's situation. I know she does AAU and such, but a home-schooled kid from Texas is going to feel a long way from home when she goes to Storrs. The closer she is to the team, the more likely she'll be to adjust well.
That was my initial concern,but I thought I had read months ago that the family was moving to CT? I may be DEAD wrong! I am happy she is back in town within a month or so of being here. I know she is "home schooled" whatever that means in Texas,but she has been on the National Scene and has done abit of traveling around the country with the BB team she plays for, her AAU team which has had her as a traveler around nationally,time with the National Teams in recent years,beyond that I do not know? I am glad she has connected with a # of kids on the team and pray she has the emotional makeup to come Tyler Phommachanh CT. More inf would be helpful,especially whether the family is moving to Ct and more inf on her She is somewhat of an enigma. I know she is considered a "great" BB player,there has been alot of news re her Summer team and his death made this summer very Special and emotional for her She does seem to have made a connection with us,and her decision has not interferred with her play which from an article I read has her playing great basketball. Breanna is a very Special Kid on and off the court and her connection with MO would be significant. Thanks to John Fryer and others:)

Reaction Score
What death are you referring to?
Hi Blake:) As I understand it,Mo's Coach of the summer team/AAU Team had passed away sometime in the last year. I do not know exactly when. Mo was very close with him as were other teammates! This was VERY emotional for her and they had committed this past season to him! I guess the high light is the Big Tournament/Nike? at the end of the season during the end of the summer. Well they had DEDICATED THE SEASON,the tournament,the National Championship,which may be mythical to the AAU or whatever the name is for womens teams in non High School BB. It is run the way the mens/boys teams are. I am writing you back,as I wake up,and not looking up the names etal. They won a # of tournaments and the biggest one is at the end of the summer. I will provide more details if someone else has not done so before I do it. Well,bottomline,these kids,I think Turner from Texas, the #1 or #2 player,6'3" player joined the team at some point, and they WON!!!!! This ended up being incredibly emotional for the players and especially MO. He may have been a father figure to her and others. Bottomline,it WAS HUGE for her! I hope this provides some details as to the question of who had died and the significance of it! It was talked about all season and was a Big Part of the storyline when the WON!!!!
I suspect others will post on this,but this is my waking up memories.
I am glad you asked and hope this provides some inf for you. GO UCONN Ira

Reaction Score
has anyone seen Moriah Jefferson at UConn today?

she was probably at the practice they had today

Reaction Score
Just passed Moriah and a VERY tall young woman I can only assume is Breanna Stewart. My, she makes me at 5' 5" truly midget-esk.

Sent from my Epic 4G Touch using Tapatalk

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
Just passed Moriah and a VERY tall young woman I can only assume is Breanna Stewart. My, she makes me at 5' 5" truly midget-esk.

Where is the picture???!!!!
Sent from my Epic 4G Touch using Tapatalk

RoyDodger

Retired in the Southwest
Reaction Score
Just hanging out with Sue Bird has to be invaluable to the current Huskies. The power of Wendy's!

And don't forget that Kalana Greene was there too, sitting next to Sue Bird.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Don't encourage him he is far too reasonable. Although he is a great straight man.
I heard that! :)

Good game. Bree, Mo Jeff, Sue, and K-Bear in the house. Past, present, and future.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
So is DaddyChoc the Ghost of Christmas Past or the Ghost of Christmas Present? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom