Morgan's out tonight (1/8/16) | The Boneyard

Morgan's out tonight (1/8/16)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Who will replace Morgan to start? Butler, Gabby or KLS?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
I guess I don't mind a missed game or two, but these kids are not doing my systolic or diastolic pressure any favors, respectively.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I guess I don't mind a missed game or two, but these kids are not doing my systolic or diastolic pressure any favors, respectively.
Wait one of those is good and the other bad right? Or am I thinking of cholesterol?

Reaction Score
The line opened at 49.5, went to 51.5 and now is 48.5, now that Tuck is out. No big deal in this
contest.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I've thought that Morgan has not looked physically well a lot of the season (and so reported).
Must be a little worse.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The line opened at 49.5, went to 51.5 and now is 48.5, now that Tuck is out. No big deal in this
contest.
No concern for this game true but South Florida is Sunday and Morgan the 5th player to miss at least 1 game so far less than 1/2 way into season.

Reaction Score
Wait one of those is good and the other bad right? Or am I thinking of cholesterol?

you're thinking of cholesterol or fats... systolic and diastolic are just the 2 numbers you get - a healthy range is something like 120 (systolic) / 70 (diastolic). It's just the two readings a nurse gets when she/he takes your blood pressure reading, basically the highest pressure point you feel and a point when it starts to drop based on what the nurse hears. Not a great description, but that's just from my memory, don't remember all the technical terms.

Reaction Score
Through the first half of the first quarter, Houston is living out its coach's dream. Reality to return shortly.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I've thought that Morgan has not looked physically well a lot of the season (and so reported).
Must be a little worse.
images

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Damn![/QUOTE]

I echo your sentiments!! I'm hoping this does not turn into anything serious. You saw tonight what a difference there was on offense without her.
That old adage is true, "you really don't miss something (someone) until it's (they're) gone, or in this case, not available.
There's no reason or need to rush her back, since we're now in the "soft" portion of our schedule.
Treatment and rest will hopefully allow her to return completely healthy.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
all that scoring she has been doing, those McHale moves and you're saying something was wrong with Morgan... yeah ok!

I'll "assume" Geno said this is the perfect time to give her "bum knee" some rest... just as he did with Stewie against LSU and MoJeff (when Chong started, forgot which game)

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
If you have had knee surgery, you know there are days when you knee is cranky.

Considering the serious surgery Morgan had and the stress placed on the knee playing basketball, a sore knee is not surprising. I would not loose any sleep over this unless Morgan can't go for two or three games. Then there may be a problem.

Reaction Score
We found out how important Morgan is watching the fist half of the game against a far inferior team.

Reaction Score
If you have had knee surgery, you know there are days when you knee is cranky.

Considering the serious surgery Morgan had and the stress placed on the knee playing basketball, a sore knee is not surprising. I would not loose any sleep over this unless Morgan can't go for two or three games. Then there may be a problem.
I agree. Plus, Geno is looking for reasons to play his bench more especially evaluating combinations of players. Resting his starters occasionally is a great strategy in these non-competitive games.

Reaction Score
No concern for this game true but South Florida is Sunday and Morgan the 5th player to miss at least 1 game so far less than 1/2 way into season.

Geno is turning into the Greg Popovich of WCBB, judiciously resting his starters before nagging soreness becomes a chronic injury. Seems to work pretty well. I'd rather have the full contingent healthy in March/April than run up the score in January. And giving the non-seniors a chance to play in different combos can only help us down the road.

Reaction Score
Hehe. Forget about it. When you start worrying about those things is when you start going down hill.

Reaction Score
This may be blasphemy but I think the team looked much better when Stewie and MoJeff sat out. I am not taking the opponents in consideration. the team really looked vulnerable last night. It is possible they would have played below their standard even with Morgan. Based on a one game sample I would have to say Morgan is the most valuable player. It is obvious that Stewie is the best player in her generation, but the things that Morgan does for the team cannot be duplicated by anyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom