Morgan's Knee Brace | The Boneyard

Morgan's Knee Brace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Do you think she will still wear {need} a knee brace next year? If I knew how I would start an opinion poll on this. It's probably not important, but I'd like to see her shed it if safety permits it.
Also, does she still do therapy on it?

Reaction Score
Do you think she will still wear {need} a knee brace next year? If I knew how I would start an opinion poll on this. It's probably not important, but I'd like to see her shed it if safety permits it.
Also, does she still do therapy on it?
Doesn't seem to slow her down. Makes me feel a little better.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
She doesn't need it, but ... if it doesn't bother her and except when she is seen occasionally adjusting it, she seems to not be limited by it, it really is safer to continue wearing it. It will not prevent all injuries, but except in sort of catastrophic situations it should stop most injuries.
Her situation was not a 'simple' replacement, but rather a 50/50 success rate operation - it was much more iffy than a standard ACL so caution may be in order for the rest of her athletic career.

Reaction Score
Morgan says it gives her peace of mind, so if she wants to wear it, I say let her. With the way she played this year, she can wear whatever she wants.
I agree.

Oldbones

Hates Surprises
Reaction Score
43 and four
upload_2015-4-9_12-0-0.jpeg
38 and one
images

Reaction Score
I attended a practice during the regular season and Morgan was NOT wearing the brace during that practice.

HGN

Reaction Score
I think she will wear it next year.........Its a mental thing. She may not need it but it may give her peace of mind and confidence. It will be intresting to see what happens over the summer when she is just waling around to see if she gets use to not having it on. Then maybe come back in the Fall and start practicing.

Reaction Score
She doesn't need it, but ... if it doesn't bother her and except when she is seen occasionally adjusting it, she seems to not be limited by it, it really is safer to continue wearing it. It will not prevent all injuries, but except in sort of catastrophic situations it should stop most injuries.
Her situation was not a 'simple' replacement, but rather a 50/50 success rate operation - it was much more iffy than a standard ACL so caution may be in order for the rest of her athletic career.

I don't know about Morgan's situation - since, as you point out, it was not an ACL. However when it comes to ACL injuries, a knee brace will only help prevent contact ACL tears - which are not all that common in women's hoops. Most are non-contact, and a brace normally won't prevent those.

Reaction Score
Morgan did tear her ACL (left knee) her soph year of H.S. ... Whether the brace is for protection or comfort/confidence, it's working!! My guess is it stays :)

Reaction Score
Morgan did tear her ACL (left knee) her soph year of H.S. ... Whether the brace is for protection or comfort/confidence, it's working!! My guess is it stays :)
Wasn't she top ranked in her HS class before her knee injury?

Reaction Score
By the way, Congrats to Morgan, who should have been named 1st tam All American, for making it all the way back from a devastating knee injury and surgery!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom