Morgan - you are doing Bolingbrook Proud - Good Luck | The Boneyard

Morgan - you are doing Bolingbrook Proud - Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I have been following Bolingbrook (Da Brook) High sports for a long time (started my kids where there) and when they had a girls team get fourth in state back in 2005/2006 I started to make it to the final four with them every year after that and one year remembered hearing of an 8th grader whose sister (Taylor) was on the girls team. Coach Anthony Smith and the other coaches were very exited about Morgan joining the team. The next year Morgan won Ms Basketball - Illinois as a freshmen, came in 2nd the next two year in voting (losing to her teammate Ariel Massengale junior year) and winning her 2nd Ms Basketball her senior year. Those Ms Basketball banners hang on the gymnasium wall along with the championship banners.

I see Mayor Claar and Deputy Mayor Leroy Brown and we can not stop talking about how Morgan was doing in Uconn. I also know that Coach Smith is proud - he was a great coach for you to have for going to Coach Geno.

Good luck to you and you team sisters - again you make us proud and wish you well in your future endeavours.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
I have been following Bolingbrook (Da Brook) High sports for a long time (started my kids where there) and when they had a girls team get fourth in state back in 2005/2006 I started to make it to the final four with them every year after that and one year remembered hearing of an 8th grader whose sister (Taylor) was on the girls team. Coach Anthony Smith and the other coaches were very exited about Morgan joining the team. The next year Morgan won Ms Basketball - Illinois as a freshmen, came in 2nd the next two year in voting (losing to her teammate Ariel Massengale junior year) and winning her 2nd Ms Basketball her senior year. Those Ms Basketball banners hang on the gymnasium wall along with the championship banners.

I see Mayor Claar and Deputy Mayor Leroy Brown and we can not stop talking about how Morgan was doing in Uconn. I also know that Coach Smith is proud - he was a great coach for you to have for going to Coach Geno.

Good luck to you and you team sisters - again you make us proud and wish you well in your future endeavours.

It was great to read this post. With how much we all admire Morgan here on the BY and around Husky Nation, it still falls short of the pride you guys feel for her back home in 'Da Brook' ..!

Not long ago there was a thread that talked about various UCONN players, now and historically, regarding who had the highest "Basketball I.Q." Morgan's BB IQ is off the charts - but I would like to step away from that term for a moment and just say that despite the fact that Breanna Stewart is, by most accounts, the best player in the country and one of the 3 greatest to every play at UCONN, there are aspects of the game where Morgan is clearly superior, in my opinion. She has the best recognition of any UCONN player I've ever seen, bar none. Her footwork is truly amazing. And she is one of the best natural leaders we've ever had for sure. I have said before and will say again that if she had two healthy knees, she would have been competing each year for 1st-team AA with Stewie. Others might think that's going too far , but honestly I don't. (Not to say she'd be playing the same game Stewie does -- just that she'd be right there in her own way.)

Morgan Tuck has been earning raves from Geno since day 1--something very few freshmen do--for good reason. SHE IS INCREDIBLE!

Reaction Score
Yes she one heck of a ball player, one of my all time favorites. Thank you for the post.

Reaction Score
Here are Youtubes on Morgan's championship games full games Whitney Young to Brook is like ND to UConn

Freshman 2009 She started with 2 3-points that made WY pull out to defend her and she went to town
Sophmore 2010 again - vs WY Tuck triple team most of the game
Junior 2011 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=np9y2BpyI2I - totally over matched game - Brook beats WY in semi's OT.
Senior year - vs WY in Sectional with Janee Thompson (Kentucky) - highlights game goes to 4 OT after all Brook starters except Tuck foul out eventually lost . https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRbz2cntD40

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score

And we all want to thank you all for nurturing her and teaching her and then sending her to us. It has been a pleasure to watch her for all four years, and most of us a re hoping we get to watch her for one more as well! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom