Morgan Valley: a different perspective for the guards from Shea | The Boneyard

Morgan Valley: a different perspective for the guards from Shea

Reaction Score

“I love Mo,” UConn senior Christyn Williams said earlier this season. “She brings a different view to the game than Shae [Ralph] did. Like small details, she’ll bring me over and talk about like angles and different stuff. It’s just different.”
“I love her too. I’m really happy,” UConn freshman Azzi Fudd added. “I had a really good relationship with Coach Shea, so I wasn’t sure how I would get to know or how I would bond with a new coach, but I really like Morgan and I really trust her and the things that she says. I’m glad to have her.”
But Valley doesn’t just want her players to learn about angles and basketball concepts from her. She wants them to learn about life.
“The thing I really do try to give them is if you do things as hard as you can every day — that’s anything, that’s on the floor, in the classroom, in a relationship, literally every aspect of your life — if you do it to the best of your ability every day and you can look yourself in the mirror and be like ‘alright, I did my best today, let’s see what I can do tomorrow,’ I think you’re successful. ... We’re not perfect, but if we try to be great at what we do, good things happen.”

{Couldn't resist showing this picture]

Sue Diana Morgan.jpeg

Reaction Score

“I love Mo,” UConn senior Christyn Williams said earlier this season. “She brings a different view to the game than Shae [Ralph] did. Like small details, she’ll bring me over and talk about like angles and different stuff. It’s just different.”
“I love her too. I’m really happy,” UConn freshman Azzi Fudd added. “I had a really good relationship with Coach Shea, so I wasn’t sure how I would get to know or how I would bond with a new coach, but I really like Morgan and I really trust her and the things that she says. I’m glad to have her.”
But Valley doesn’t just want her players to learn about angles and basketball concepts from her. She wants them to learn about life.
“The thing I really do try to give them is if you do things as hard as you can every day — that’s anything, that’s on the floor, in the classroom, in a relationship, literally every aspect of your life — if you do it to the best of your ability every day and you can look yourself in the mirror and be like ‘alright, I did my best today, let’s see what I can do tomorrow,’ I think you’re successful. ... We’re not perfect, but if we try to be great at what we do, good things happen.”

{Couldn't resist showing this picture]

View attachment 73614
MO's words really inspiring !

Reaction Score
Remember watching many UConn games when Morgan played. Having a " senior moment". What is the name of Morgan's sister who most always had the ball the last 20 seconds of a game? Ashley?

Reaction Score
Remember watching many UConn games when Morgan played. Having a " senior moment". What is the name of Morgan's sister who most always had the ball the last 20 seconds of a game? Ashley?
Yes, Ashley...

Reaction Score
I think this is the article not behind the paywall
How do you find these same articles away the paywall? There's another in the Courant that is interesting re: the unselfishness now suffusing the entire team as they prepare for tournaments.

Reaction Score
How do you find these same articles away the paywall? There's another in the Courant that is interesting re: the unselfishness now suffusing the entire team as they prepare for tournaments.
Someone posted awhile ago to search 'press reader: then the title of the article'. I tried that a few times in the past and got the article in a non formatted form and read the article. This one came up the way I posted it, not sure why. I am anything but literate in these sorts of things, but I can type something into a search box and then hope for the best!

Reaction Score
Well, no matter where you are it'll find you.
But good thing we have distanced it from Ashley, right? Otherwise, poor little lady got caught in the crossfire of humor....

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom