Morgan Tuck | The Boneyard

Morgan Tuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
I think she is, finally, feeling reasonably healthy or is learning the difference between playing with pain and being hurt and now playing through it better. Impossible to say which it is.

huskybill

RIP, huskybill
Reaction Score
Morgan's giving us some great moments. And she still has several games this year for her to keep learning and improving. She's one of the reasons we still have a chance to win it all.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
She really showed Husky fans something last night, especially during the OT periods. She had a few nervy plays but there were outweighed by a lot of confident, aggressive moves.

She's got the goods, she's mentally tuff, and I think her name will be on that wall at some point.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Who would have thought that the best freshman come March would be Morgan Tuck? With Moriah barely getting 2 minutes last night and Bree still mired in whatever she has going on, Morgan has turned into the most consistent all around player amongst the freshmen. Good for Morgan! Hope she stays healthy!

Reaction Score
She deserves more minutes and is one of our best 5. And if she is given the ball 20 ft from the basket she can make ND pay for overplaying her (unlike Stef).

I hope her knee is structurally sound but I wonder.

Reaction Score
Who would have thought that the best freshman come March would be Morgan Tuck? With Moriah barely getting 2 minutes last night and Bree still mired in whatever she has going on, Morgan has turned into the most consistent all around player amongst the freshmen. Good for Morgan! Hope she stays healthy!

If you watched the USA games last summer...Morgan was the most consistent performer game in and game out...not the flashy only they can do it performances that Breanna and Moriah are capable of, but that fluidity of movement with almost perfect technique that makes what she does look so easy. It was surprising seeing her half a bubble off earlier this year...no doubt due in great part to injury...but she was my bet to be the heaviest contributor of the three in her freshman year, and I'll be surprised if the coaching staff wasn't of that opinion, as well. This is a great game for Morgan to build on...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Deja vu for Morgan: Her HS career ended in a 4-OT loss to Whitney Young in the Illinois championship game last year after her team had an early lead.

Reaction Score
<-- Huge fan of Morgan's game. I think it's likely that she'll end up being my fave Husky over the next few.

From the first time I saw her play, my reaction was that the only thing Breanna and MoJ had over MoT was amount of hype. There is a smoothness, a fluidity to MoT's game that combined with her physical strength will play well not just at the college level, but at the pro level also. It's her combination of strength and smoothness that makes me think that the Asjha comparisons are quite fair. MoT has a quicker first step than Asjha ever has, but otherwise the natural endowments are very similar.

Reaction Score
<-- Huge fan of Morgan's game. I think it's likely that she'll end up being my fave Husky over the next few.

From the first time I saw her play, my reaction was that the only thing Breanna and MoJ had over MoT was amount of hype. There is a smoothness, a fluidity to MoT's game that combined with her physical strength will play well not just at the college level, but at the pro level also. It's her combination of strength and smoothness that makes me think that the Asjha comparisons are quite fair. MoT has a quicker first step than Asjha ever has, but otherwise the natural endowments are very similar.

That must be why I like MoT so much. I may be forced to change my avatar, sooner rather than later. ;)

Reaction Score
With Brianna Banks out for the season, I do believe that Morgan Tuck is one of our few consistent risk-takers remaining. And I mean that as a compliment in this case.

I mean, there she was as a starter against ND @ South Bend - her first big game as a starter. All this following some rather limited and uneven minutes over the course of the season. Did she look afraid out there to you guys?

How about against Baylor, playing 25 minutes in a similarly important/difficult game. Was she afraid to attack the basket with Griner in there? I'd say no.

She's a freshman, so of course she makes mistakes. But they are brave mistakes.

Reaction Score
Another thread says that Geno will be inserting her in the starting line up from here on out. Hope that's true and so it begins. Very confident this kid is going to make us very happy.

Reaction Score
geno did say that. He also said he was very proud of her and the way she played. With all the lingering injuries she had he was happy with how shes playing now. Will be in the starting lineup

Reaction Score
I think it is safe to say Morgan Tuck is this seasons X-Factor and the key to a NC. Her performances against Baylor and ND have left me pleased that she can play. She is also another scoring option when Dolson, Faris, and KML are cold. I think our best lineup this season has been Dolson, Tuck, KML, Faris, and Hartley. With Tuck, we have a more balanced scoring attack, low post game, and a traditional lineup. Sad to say, but I think Stewart is done for the season, now time to wait for next year to see if she can step up and be that player.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lilmisangel

Top Bottom