Morgan Tuck | The Boneyard

Morgan Tuck

Reaction Score
We saw the Sun beat the Mercury tonight. Pretty sloppy game overall, but it came with a bright spot. Morgan Tuck (8 points in 17 minutes) was moving swiftly and smoothly. No apparent trace of her old injuries.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
What about her wide open airball?

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I wonder if Tuck could be better players at different franchise or if she was just bad choice for Connecticut. Just looked at the 2016 draft class and she was selected ahead of Jonquel Jones, Courtney William's, Aerial Powers, Kaleah Copper, Tiffany Mitchell and Bria Holmes. She's struggled to earn PT but has shown signs that she is capable of being a productive player in the league. A move to a new franchise like we saw from Lexie Brown may put new life in her.

Reaction Score
It could be that her body only allows her to look really good for 16-20 minutes and that the knees can't take 30 minutes a night. She could be choosing longevity coming off the bench over a short career as a starter.....

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It could be that her body only allows her to look really good for 16-20 minutes and that the knees can't take 30 minutes a night. She could be choosing longevity coming off the bench over a short career as a starter.....

People forget don't they @DEpup:

"I used to think I would be able to play until I was 35 or 36," she said. "That's not going to happen. So I definitely think about that and being able to achieve post-college basketball things that I've dreamt of."

Tuck suffered a bone bruise in her knee as a freshman and doctors later discovered she was missing some cartilage. As a sophomore, she had surgery to move some existing cartilage into that empty space.

Tuck says doctors told her that basically means she has the knee of a middle-aged woman."

Bad knee may force Bolingbrook's Morgan Tuck to leave UConn a year early

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
What about her wide open airball?
Air balls happen to most 3-point shooters occasionally, particularly on their first attempt after coming off the bench. KLS had one in Tuesday night's game against the Sun, after which she swished the next attempt.

The real question is why you chose to point out that one play rather than commenting on her game as a whole, which was excellent. Alyssa Thomas was having a consistently bad game, and because of that and Morgan's quality of play, Morgan played the crucial final minutes when the game was on the line. I believe that is the first time that has happened this season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Speaking of injured UConn alumnae, any sightings of Moriah Jefferson? Wasn't she supposed to be back on the court by now?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Speaking of injured UConn alumnae, any sightings of Moriah Jefferson? Wasn't she supposed to be back on the court by now?
No idea but she has to be one of the most disappointing UCONN alums in the history of the program. Not because of bad decisions, bad play, or anything personal, but just all the injuries and lack of impact in the league, or anywhere really. When she graduated. some of us had her penciled in as the heir apparent to Sue on Team USA.

Now she's mostly forgotten (except by some UCONN fans) and who knows if she will ever be an impact player again, never mind potential Olympian... Poor kid - hope she's happy at least!!

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
Because I thought mentioning her missed lay-ups would be piling on?
Are you saying that you thought she had a bad game overall? If so, I heartily disagree, and it appears that everyone else who saw the game and has commented on this thread also disagrees with you. And based on the postgame news conference, so does her coach.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
No idea but she has to be one of the most disappointing UCONN alums in the history of the program. Not because of bad decisions, bad play, or anything personal, but just all the injuries and lack of impact in the league, or anywhere really. When she graduated. some of us had her penciled in as the heir apparent to Sue on Team USA.

Now she's mostly forgotten (except by some UCONN fans) and who knows if she will ever be an impact player again, never mind potential Olympian... Poor kid - hope she's happy at least!!
Moriah hasn't been healthy or on the right team in the WNBA. Here's some info on better play from Wikipedia:

"In August 2016, Jefferson signed with Galatasaray of the Turkish Women's Basketball League (KBSL) for the 2016–17 season.[14] For the season, she averaged 18.5 points and 4.9 assists,[15] and helped it reach the KBSL semi-finals. She returned to Galatasaray for the 2018–19 season where she averaged 13.4 points and once again helped the team to the semi-finals.[16]"

Reaction Score
I am glad that Tuck has been able to play injury free these years. It is probably good that she's on a team where she doesn't have to put in heavy minutes or be expected to carry a major load on offense. I hope that Jefferson can get her health in order and also find herself in a situation in the league where she is successful and happy.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Are you saying that you thought she had a bad game overall?
She gets credit for being on the floor at the end of a close game and she made some nice plays in a winning effort. I just think many go overboard when they talk about Tuck and always have.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom