Morgan Tuck Announces Retirement | The Boneyard

Morgan Tuck Announces Retirement

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
Ran into Morgan in Dallas, the morning of the semi final of 2017. Asked how she was doing and told her how much I missed her in a UConn uniform. Her reply was "they're doing alright without me". The reply was true. However, alright is not good enough, as we all know.
She was such a quiet power house that scored without much "fan fare". She left at the right time for her, as is obvious now. The young lady had too short a time, to make the best of her talents. I agree that coaching is a good future for her. However I wish her much success in any endeavor she may pursue.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I had a chance to meet her at the Mohegan Sun when she was there for the AAC tourney a few years back. Totally gracious in chatting with fans and taking pictures with them. Wonderful representative for the University, and just a class act.

Best wishes for her next chapter. I see coaching in her future too. I hope she lands a good assistant job somewhere. I'd love to see her replace Jamelle IF she ever decides to move on... Hope Jamelle stays for a good long time, but you get my point...

Reaction Score
How many UCONN players have retired this season? Renee, now Morgan. Anyone else I'm forgetting?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It's a shame that Morgan's knees kept her from being an impact player in the pros, but she had a great high school career, had an All-American and 4-time champion college career, and became the #3 overall pick.

I look for her to land somewhere soon. I think a WNBA assistant coaching position is quite likely.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It's a shame that Morgan's knees kept her from being an impact player in the pros, but she had a great high school career, had an All-American and 4-time champion college career, and became the #3 overall pick.

I look for her to land somewhere soon. I think a WNBA assistant coaching position is quite likely.
How about NBA Assistant Coach?

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score

She got a chance to reach her ultimate goals in sports. She won championships at every level, and was part of a class that "set the standard" in WCBB (4 NC's). She met and made friends with influntial people along the way that can help her as she transitions into the next stage of her life.

Morgan has always been a no nonsense mature individual with a ferocious work ethic. She'll be fine!! Where ever she wants to go, and whatever she wants to do, there are people that will gladly open/help open doors for her. Be it coaching, college/pro sports administration (athletic director/GM) or broadcast media, Morgan will be fine and will no doubt excel at whatever she chooses to do next. Stay tuned.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom