Morgan ready for her debut | The Boneyard

Morgan ready for her debut

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Tuck also has teammates that understand what she's going through because, well, they've been there.

The two teammates she seems to seek out first are guard Kelly Faris, Tuck's teammate at UConn on the 2013 national championship club, and forward Chiney Ogwumike, the 2014 WNBA Rookie of the Year who faced off against Tuck during her All-America career at Stanford.

"I'll ask Kelly about everything, basketball or not," Tuck said. "I came to training camp a few days early and Chiney let me tag along with her. I did workouts with her and she was able to show me the ropes. She really helped me out.

"It's been great, definitely different than college. It's good to be out here with different people, weird actually. The system here is similar though, so that helps
."

Tuck ready for WNBA debut with Sun

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
"I'm taking it one day at a time, focusing on what we're learning that day and making sure I know it and have it down," Tuck said. "I don't want to be the one they have to keep correcting because I can't remember a play. I'm paying attention to what the coaches are saying. If there's something I don't understand, I ask them, they'll answer, and I'll go do things right."

With this attitude and business like approach, Morgan will do well. The Sun and its fans will be very pleased with the addition of Tuck into their family.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Morgan may well be the most mature rookie. She is so grounded.

I wonder what the Adidas folks told her to make her choose them over Nike.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
I hope Morgan stays healthy and has a chance to show her stuff in the WNBA. And I love seeing stories about the vets taking players under their wings and helping them in all aspects, not just basketball. I truly think that DT's influence on BG may prevent her from going down a self destructive road.

For those who are ambivalent about the WNBA these types of stories should demonstrate how valuable it is for the college players we grew to love.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Sun down 20 at half but Morgan looks good from where I'm sitting (7 rows behind Sky bench).

Good defense and playing within herself on offense. Probably best of the 4 rookies in the game.

Jonquel Jones looks like she has huge potential but she has made some "rookie mistakes."

Reaction Score
Sun down 20 at half but Morgan looks good from where I'm sitting (7 rows behind Sky bench).

Good defense and playing within herself on offense. Probably best of the 4 rookies in the game.

Jonquel Jones looks like she has huge potential but she has made some "rookie mistakes."
Must be an odd feeling for Morgan to be down instead of up 20 at the half. GO TUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Banham got it going second half but she is really poor on D. Her and Quigley could each score 30 if they both played starters minutes and guarded each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom