Morgan On Making team USA | The Boneyard

Morgan On Making team USA

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
cut.jpg

She's just so genuine and straight ahead. Happy for her.

"When I was told I made it, it was so exciting because it's always been a goal and important to me to play on the national team and play against the best competition in the world," Tuck said. "It just made me feel that everything I've been through -- particularly these last couple of years -- had been worth it. I did question it, sometimes, if I would be able to get there and if I would get that opportunity. After having five knee surgeries, you have to wonder.

"But when I was named to the national team pool last year, it re-lit a fire inside of me that, yeah, I can play for them and I can do this. Everything that I had worked for was leading towards this. Ever since I started playing for USA Basketball with its youth teams, playing in the Olympics has been a goal of mine. This isn't the Olympics, but it's close. I'm so happy and excited to be here playing for USA."

The dream is still alive for Morgan Tuck

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Morgan is a word smith too:

"There are five former Huskies on the Americans' roster as Tuck and Stewart are joined by Tina Charles, Diana Taurasi, and Sue Bird.

Bird is the first American to play in five FIBA World Cup tournaments and already holds the record for most medals with four (three gold, one bronze). Taurasi is taking part in her fourth World Cup. It will be the first time Tuck has teamed with the future Naismith Hall of Fame backcourt.

"That means a lot to me," Tuck said. "Being around them, they are such great leaders and they're always making sure that we're doing the right things. They are so focused. They take the pressure off of us and keep things simple.

"They have four Olympic gold medals, two or three world championships gold medals. They're just winners. They've lived my dream, over and over and over."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom