Morgan is pumped... | The Boneyard

Morgan is pumped...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Awesome news! This team could be great if Morgan is healthy and can contribute on a regular basis. She can take some pressure off Kiah and that might allow Kiah to blossom also.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
C'mon folks
Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
i'd rather here a tweet like.
"completed first week of practice and I'm feeling great."

Reaction Score
C'mon folks
Let's not get ahead of ourselves.
i'd rather here a tweet like.
"completed first week of practice and I'm feeling great."

Speaking about getting ahead of oneself...
That is next week's tweet.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Husky news is alwaays welcomed.....Good luck Morgan.......

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Breanna Stewart ‏@bre_stewart30
First day of preseason!!
1f3c0.png
#OnAMission

Jim Fuller ‏@NHRJimFuller
#UConn women's hoop frosh Kia Nurse on campus & enrolled in classes before heading back to train with Canadian nat'l team next week

Reaction Score
Kiah looked pretty pumped in the last picture I saw of her. Natalie Butler is going to have one heck of a time pushing Morgan or Kiah around in practices. I would love to see those battles.

45 TO GO

U

UCONNfan1

Kiah looked pretty pumped in the last picture I saw of her. Natalie Butler is going to have one heck of a time pushing Morgan or Kiah around in practices. I would love to see those battles.
I don't have super high expectations for Butler - unlike some on here - but I hope she can be a Jess Moore type of player. Jess was a kid who knew her role and led with her strengths and didn't try to do more than she was capable of. Great team player and really solid post for UCONN. I'm hoping for something similar from Natalie.

Of course, I certainly wouldn't say "no" if she ended up being much better than that! ;)

Reaction Score
I always hope they remain injury & sickness free and let the chips fall where they may!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I don't have super high expectations for Butler - unlike some on here - but I hope she can be a Jess Moore type of player. Jess was a kid who knew her role and led with her strengths and didn't try to do more than she was capable of. Great team player and really solid post for UCONN. I'm hoping for something similar from Natalie.

Of course, I certainly wouldn't say "no" if she ended up being much better than that! ;)

I think Geno would have a problem with that...

Reaction Score

I would be happy if she was a JMo type player - only 6'5"!!

Reaction Score
Not sure I would want a kid that "didn't try to do more than she was capable of". An athlete should always be reaching for the sky. Let the coach rein her in if necessary.
You are so wrong- this is a team game and a player who tries (in a game) to do more than they are cappable of, they will hurt the team.During games you play to your strength
and try to improve your weaknesses in practice.

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
I think Geno would have a problem with that...

In practice, likely. In games, undoubtedly not.

You find what you're capable of in practice and hone it there. If a stretch skill is not sharp yet in practice, you don't practice it in games.

Reaction Score
Wasn't Natalie FPOY in the Big East? Didn't a D1 coach say she was the most impressive freshman he had ever seen? I don't want to anoint a her as a future AA or downgrade her by calling her as a role player. Let's just be excited about having 4 new players in 2015/16 that all are "Top 10" prospects compared to their incoming peers.

Reaction Score

I agree that we should have tempered expectations for Butler, but let's be clear here: Jessica Moore was a player that lasted several years in the WNBA, being as good as her is not a low bar.

Reaction Score
Geno doesn't take just any transfers, so It would seem he expects her to be pretty good. I would trust his judgement on her.

Reaction Score
Butler will be a double-double type and her upside is if she develops a 15 footer... then think of the space that will open up for Tuck and the 2015 wings...

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm pumped too!

With regard to Natalie Butler, she, Stewie, and Napheesa will control the boards. Someone look up the season rebound record for UConn. Natalie will challenge it. Three times.

U

UCONNfan1

I agree that we should have tempered expectations for Butler, but let's be clear here: Jessica Moore was a player that lasted several years in the WNBA, being as good as her is not a low bar.
Totally true - which is why I said I hope she can be a JMoore type of player. Some people think she could be as good as Dolson or better, but Dolson not only will eventually be a WNBA starter, but she will be invited to tryout for Team USA for the Olympics etc. I'm not sure Butler's ceiling is that high, but I truly have no idea. Just what I've read.

But yes, that's why I said I hope she is as good as Jess. A starter on at least 1 NC teams (did she start on more than 1?), and a WNBA player for a good number of years. Go NB!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom