Morehead thoughts | The Boneyard

Morehead thoughts

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
  1. Enthusiasm! The coach brought it with him, and seems to have brought enough for the whole team, the students, and even for the naysayers in the yard! Fun to see a packed house and all those smiles!
  2. Be truthful. If you had to pick which Husky would score the first 4 points of the season, how many of us would have picked Carlton? In my book, Carlton gets an A+ for his game yesterday. He was a force on defense, and contributed mightily on offense. Really, the best performance by a UConn big in quite a while.
  3. Speakng of bigs, Whalley was on his way to earning a B+ when he went down, but I'll have to give him an INC for now. Sure hope he's back soon. We definitely need more than one active and engaged big in time for MSG.
  4. AG! If he had been healthy the last two seasons, his efforts likely would have been wasted under Ollie. He's going to prosper under Hurley.
  5. JA is still JA. Takes a bit to get going, but when he sets his mind to it, he can take the game over and get to the hole at will.
  6. I'm a Vital fan, but last night, I was wishing he was on the bench more and Tarin or Brendan was on the court instead. He had a pretty awful game.
  7. Speaking of Tarin and Brendan, lots of promise there. Both will be better than advertised.
  8. Cobb. Still a nonentity.
  9. Polley gets a solid C, I guess. Made a couple, missed a couple, but didn't seem to be as into the game as the rest of the guys.
  10. No Jumpman now that the games count.
  11. To me, one of the best develoments of the Hurley era so far is the timeout chairs are gone. Always thought that Ollie bringng them in spoke more of taking the escalator than the stairs.
  12. What exactly is the Morehead mascot? Beaker? Beaker the what? Every time I caught glimpse of the logo on the back of the uni shirts, I thought they were the Morehead Albino Woodpeckers or something.
  13. We're going to have to get better at stomping on an opponent's throat when we have them down.
  14. And we really need some clue about offensive rebounding. Weakest part of our game by far.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Gilbert hit the floor too many times for my comfort level.

Competitive Depth (finally), a high Div.1 grad transfer guard and actual physical conditioning

Reaction Score
Love points 2 and 4. We have not had a center put up numbers like 17 and 8 in a long time. To have it come from a Soph with essentially 3 years left to play is FANTASTIC.

AG is a leader. He will flourish under Hurley as he continues to shake off the rust and gains more D1 experience.

This season is really just a dress rehearsal for big things next season and beyond, but the future is very bright.

Reaction Score
AG! If he had been healthy the last two seasons, his efforts likely would have been wasted under Ollie. He's going to prosper under Hurley.

The absence of AG the past two seasons contributed to our sub-.500 finishes, no doubt. But at the same time, and in the same way, it contributed to the merciful end of the Ten-toes-in era and the beginning of something good. Painful that he wasn't on the court, but ultimately a blessing in disguise.

Reaction Score
Morehead at Syracuse tonight at 7:00. It will be interesting to see how they do against the Orange.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom