More Zion Duke news | The Boneyard

More Zion Duke news

Reaction Score

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
Pro athletes are always making jokes about Duke cheating on social media. No point in denying it if you’re a fan at this point, but they always will. There’s asterisks on almost everything in sports. Be happy when your teams win and be bummed when they lose, but don’t waste your time measuring dongs

Reaction Score
The "noise" about Duke's BB Program has been out there for awhile..Ever since Coach K went to the "one and done" recruiting model it's become more apparent.. Cal must have convinced K of its value.. ACC BB schools and SEC BB schools (using their FB profits for recruiting successes) are almost untouchable re:NCAA.. The way they use their donor's/booster's resources is much more sophisticated than Programs like ours.. NCAA needs ACC to be successful in BB and SEC to be successful in FB/BB..Profit center motivated.. I wonder if ESPN will be getting quotes from Jay Bilas and Dickie V on this breaking news.. LOL

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The "noise" about Duke's BB Program has been out there for awhile..Ever since Coach K went to the "one and done" recruiting model it's become more apparent.. Cal must have convinced K of its value.. ACC BB schools and SEC BB schools (using their FB profits for recruiting successes) are almost untouchable re:NCAA.. The way they use their donor's/booster's resources is much more sophisticated than Programs like ours.. NCAA needs ACC to be successful in BB and SEC to be successful in FB/BB..Profit center motivated.. I wonder if ESPN will be getting quotes from Jay Bilas and Dickie V on this breaking news.. LOL
Not sure Cal convinced him of anything. I believe K saw the value himself. This revealation of course came after years of doing it "the right way" and subsequent mediocrity.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

Long before that. Go check out Maggette and those guys back in the day. That one is a matter of public record.

but nobody cares because Duke, because K, and all that BS

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
Why on earth would Cal convince Coach K to compete with him on the best recruits out of high school

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I just clicked on ESPN and the chyron said "How Does This Make Zion Look?" Screw that, how does this make Duke look? All the insiders know Duke cheats. SVP has been known to say as much off-air.

Reaction Score
K can deny he knew about this, so can Duke because it's a marketing firm?

BGesus4

Running everywhere
Reaction Score
It's a joke..A little bit of humor going into the weekend.. Was not a serious comment for obvious reasons
I just took it to mean he convinced him with the results he was having while Duke was lagging behind in Duke's 4 white starter days--which I think is prob on point.

Reaction Score
Even if nothing is done, but the facts are true, the public image of the program will take a hit. Their fans look down at Kentucky and all of the other cheaters out there.

This is Big if true

Reaction Score
Even if nothing is done, but the facts are true, the public image of the program will take a hit. Their fans look down at Kentucky and all of the other cheaters out there.

This is Big if true

This is Big if true
There's no way this isn't true. It was pretty much done in broad daylight, the whole world knew Zion was getting paid. The hypocrisy is obviously that it happened at Duke, therefore nothing was said about it and nothing will be done now. I'm sure Coach K was smart enough to create plausible deniability for himself and will walk away pristine. Just like the other poster mentioned about the Maggette situation. That was a blatant payment by an agent that amounted to...........zilch, zero, nada. Great to be a have, sucks to be a have-not.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom