More thoughts on which teams make the bracket | The Boneyard

More thoughts on which teams make the bracket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fightin Choke

Golden Dome Fan
Reaction Score
There is a very mathematically inclined Rutgers fan (beknighted) who always provides statistical information on which teams make the Women's NCAA tournament. Here is his latest offering: LINK

Also, there is another thread on RebKell where different posters project the brackets. It's worth a look: LINK

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Beknighted's analysis is always a treat, though it is based prominently on brain-dead RPI, but no problem there since he is going off of historic data for setting probabilities rather than using it for determining team values. Also, historic RPI data is easy to find, unlike the the other rating indexes.

Beknighted sees things a little differently than Creme this year, as he did last year. Last year Creme was 100% correct, while Bek's categories had kind of a bad showing, as only 3 of his 5 Pretty Good Shots made it (which is a very bad result), 5 of 9 Reason to Hopes made it (which is around average), and 1 of 10 from the Sweating it Out list (and with 14 candidates from the first two categories, really none from this group should have made it). But again, he is just using historic patterns, and last year the committee broke a lot of patterns, especially as far as Bek is concerned, by including Oklahoma.

I'm guessing that Bek's PGS category will rebound for probably a 100% showing this year (all 6), and that that the rest of his categories will filter out with maybe another 100% (all 6) of the mid category, and then 1 or 2 left from the Little Chance category that includes Tulane.

A big difference between Creme and Bek is that Charlie has Arkansas in with its 6-10 conference record and Bek tosses them for that reason. Although I agree with Bek that it's a good reason, I agree more with Creme that after last year the Committee proved it is dropping longtime standards and they will find a reason to vote the Razorbacks in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom