more than a sporting event | The Boneyard

more than a sporting event

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
After some lurking on other boards and reading their posts on today's UConn game and how terrible it is that UConn has no competition... and how UConn has ruined women's basketball... I was reminded that when the UConn Huskies take the floor it is more than a sporting event. I do not watch the UConn Huskies to see who will win or lose. I assume UConn is usually going to win. I know that on any given day they could lose... well not on any given day but at least 4-5 times a year... (tongue in cheek, kind of) but I watch the games to enjoy watching basketball as it is meant to be played. Today's game was amazing!

It is more than a sporting event. It is a picture of excellence and should motivate others to a higher standard of excellence in all areas of life. I pity the folks who have no appreciation for UConn's game.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
I'll pass this on to Geno, enjoy your day!

Reaction Score
After some lurking on other boards and reading their posts on today's UConn game and how terrible it is that UConn has no competition... and how UConn has ruined women's basketball... I was reminded that when the UConn Huskies take the floor it is more than a sporting event. I do not watch the UConn Huskies to see who will win or lose. I assume UConn is usually going to win. I know that on any given day they could lose... well not on any given day but at least 4-5 times a year... (tongue in cheek, kind of) but I watch the games to enjoy watching basketball as it is meant to be played. Today's game was amazing!

It is more than a sporting event. It is a picture of excellence and should motivate others to a higher standard of excellence in all areas of life. I pity the folks who have no appreciation for UConn's game.

While the performance was a masterpiece, I wish I could say the same about the horrible ESPN3 replays, which rather than improving have deteriorated to many minutes that are unwatchable. (...or am I now among the few who suffer from this painful lack of excellence?).

Reaction Score
On watch ESPN: I had trouble with it earlier in the year and messaged ESPN. At first they told me how to fix my computer. When I messaged back that many were having issues, they replied that they were working on the problem. It worked for me after that.
I admit, I already rewatched part of Saturday's game!:p The feed was a little quirky and replayed some commercials, did some odd jumps. But if I just left it alone, it eventually replayed the entire game. So my advice if you are having issues is to try to leave it alone and wait out the odd stuff and maybe it will then play for you!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
You guys really need to invest in a DVR... relive some of that stress

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
While the performance was a masterpiece, I wish I could say the same about the horrible ESPN3 replays, which rather than improving have deteriorated to many minutes that are unwatchable. (...or am I now among the few who suffer from this painful lack of excellence?).
I've had the problem all year and it is dismaying and disheartening.

Reaction Score
You guys really need to invest in a DVR... relive some of that stress

Gee, never thought of that:rolleyes:. My DVR would work if I received ESPN I guess.

We pay for a streaming service that supplies the replays and it doesn't work. There is no excuse in today's digital/streaming world (a hot current technology...I put my VCR away a few years ago) for an outfit as big as ESPN. I'll try the (workaround) suggestions of Old Alum which will still probably result in a crappy viewing experience...but ESPN's 'we're working on it' is a lousy answer. It means they are lying, conniving, and/or incompetent...take your pick. Their attitude is not motivation to pay them more.

The only reason ESPN gets away with this is the service has a limited audience. They have little business motivation to 'fix it' since they figure if they frustrate those who pay/use it .... and it stinks like it does...some will pay for ESPN and the cable or sat bundles it drags with it.

Thanks for your interest ;) (don't want to drag this OT any more but want to be clear for the small group of Boneyarders who do care.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom