more pro ollie press | The Boneyard

more pro ollie press

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I think Borges needs to reevaluate his thought process on Shaka Smart. It has become apparent that Shaka is going to create his own legacy at VCU. He is recruiting well (consistent 3*** like Antravious Simmons) and if the team does as well as some expect this year VCU will start getting 4 star**** recruits ad nauseam in the not so distant future. VCU is locked and loaded like a 357 magnum "snub nose" revolver this year for Shaka's system to be the best ever. They will be damn good with a very exciting brand of basketball. Exciting in your face pressure defense reminiscent of Nolan Richardson's old Razorbacks "40 Minutes of Hell". Shaka is a true diamond from his great intellect to his signature "system".

Personally I would have loved Shaka at UConn but the critics will argue they want a "family member" at all costs. If that's the case Ollie is your guy. There is something to be said about staying In House. It represents tradition and an Old Guard. It is the Old Guard concept that concerns me. I would prefer that the new coach not be a conservative, reactionary faction that is unwilling to accept new ideas. It is my hope Ollie does not fit this description. I don't know the answer to that question but have my doubts.

Only time will tell...

Reaction Score
I think Borges needs to reevaluate his thought process on Shaka Smart. It has become apparent that Shaka is going to create his own legacy at VCU. He is recruiting well (consistent 3*** like Antravious Simmons) and if the team does as well as some expect this year VCU will start getting 4 star**** recruits ad nauseam in the not so distant future. VCU is locked and loaded like a 357 magnum "snub nose" revolver this year for Shaka's system to be the best ever. They will be damn good with a very exciting brand of basketball. Exciting in your face pressure defense reminiscent of Nolan Richardson's old Razorbacks "40 Minutes of Hell". Shaka is a true diamond from his great intellect to his signature "system".

Thanks Mrs. Smart.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The thing is, hiring Ollie is almost a no-lose for Manuel. If Ollie fails, the perception is that Ollie wasn't necessarily his man and he can go out and find a Smart or another hot young coach to take over. And if Ollie succeeds, everybody at UConn wins.
Interesting perspective.

Reaction Score
Interesting, yes, but do you think Manuel really wants to look like he's being bullied into his first major decision as AD?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
JC is playing the new AD like a fiddle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads