More pressure for the B2B or the B2B2B | Page 2 | The Boneyard

More pressure for the B2B or the B2B2B

Reaction Score
No pressure this year. No one expects them to win 3 in a row
No one except maybe the most important person of UConn's MBB: the highly skilled Type A++ coach who will drive home in every practice session his aggressive expectations of each player on this team to reach for Three-Peat.

Reaction Score
Externally there is no real pressure. UConn just won 2 championships in a row and smacked everyone in the tournament by double digits. They’ve sent a minimum of 5, and potentially up to 8 guys to the NBA in the process. Hurley could lose every game for the rest of his career and he’d have more rings than all but 16 coaches in the history of the sport

But internally? He’s prepping the team as if they’ll all get exiled from society if they don’t win another one. Enough pressure in that practice center to make diamonds

Reaction Score
triples makes it safe. triples is best.
Oh Yeah Nod GIF by NETFLIX

Reaction Score
I don’t think there was pressure last year or pressure this year to win the NC. It’s extremely hard to do.

I think there’s more pressure to win the BE and BET tournament or finish in the top 3 every year.

Agreed, nothing better than a natty but for the legacy of the program, we want Big East dominance before anything else. As a prerequisite to the championships, and if we don’t win it all, we can look back at strong conference play in season and tourney. Our history has been knocked down a bit by off years and we haven’t been conference dominant in over 15 years.

Reaction Score
I told myself there was no pressure this year.
I knew UConn would dominate.
I knew UConn was winning the BET.
I knew UConn would win most if not all tourney games by double digits.
I knew Hurley could do it.

Yet I still fretted and lived the roller coaster of anticipation every minute of the Final Four.

Expectations are nothing until you’re there. Then, legacies are made.

I know Hurley will never bend the knee.

Reaction Score
I think coming off such a down period and winning one relieved a lot. 2 was awesome, but as far as real historical significance and legendary status, 3 would move Hurley and the program to a place very few, if any, have seen. So with that I’d say a little more upcoming. I don’t think there is any expectation, or disappointment if we don’t, but I know Dan is shooting for legend/history.

Reaction Score
I don't think the pressure was there this season early on. As the season progressed, the pressure obviously grew since it was clear they were the best team in the country. I think how they play the first 10-15 games will dictate the level of pressure they feel next year.

Reaction Score
B2B because the the gap in accomplishment between winning 1 and winning 2 in a row is much bigger than the gap between winning 2 in a row and 3 in a row. If we had lost to Purdue, as awesome as this last 15 months had been, we would still just be a team that won a championship and then had a really excellent year following it up. 2 in a row in men's college basketball is immortality.
I felt no pressure all season. This season was all gravy because we won the title and no one expected b2b going into the season but as the season went along its started becoming a possibility then it became an inevitability and i enjoyed the whole ride because even if we had lost we still had that title. Now that i have read youre comment its a good thing i didnt read that a couple months ago because i wouldve been a nervous wreck as i had not thought of it the way you put it lol! That being said i think 3 is doable especially if AK comes back and its crazy to say that but i really feel this team is loaded top to bottom.

dingaling

“There’s no better feeling than winning.” K.Powers
Reaction Score
No pressure this year. No one expects them to win 3 in a row
No one expected this year after we lost everyone

Reaction Score
Win 3 in a row and you’re at the pinnacle of college basketball program all-time greatness arguably surpassing UCLA. Other than than that, no biggie.

Reaction Score
3 in a row sounds nuts, but even harder to imagine is this team losing a game in the tourney. That would have to happen for us to not get to 3. I know I'm being super obvious, but sit back and picture us losing in the '25 tourney. Then ask yourself is b2b2b that crazy? It's almost too sane

Reaction Score
3 in a row sounds nuts, but even harder to imagine is this team losing a game in the tourney. That would have to happen for us to not get to 3. I know I'm being super obvious, but sit back and picture us losing in the '25 tourney. Then ask yourself is b2b2b that crazy? It's almost too sane
I agree 3 in a row is absolute lunacy but Hurley is a lunatic and we’re all lunatics.
Im not even thinking about 3 in a row right now I’m still enjoying the hell out of being back to back champs.

QuickDraw

Hi Ho SILVER
Reaction Score
I believe Hurley is going to push until the ride is done, foot on the gas isn't just an expression to him, it's literal.
As a fan I expect to win it all until we don't & then hope on next year. I'm sure most of us feel like UCLA fans felt back during their run, then 12 years later they amassed 10 titles, now I'm not saying thats going to happen but records were made to be broken & why not us...
Let it ride!

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I'm thinking they won't feel it 'til tourney time, but when they get to the e8/f4 the pressure to 3peat will be be rather intense...

Reaction Score
I hope all of you "no pressure to win next year" people keep that same energy in the post game thread after a close January loss
Eh, I mean, there's a difference between being disappointed in the team performance and concerned about downstream effects on the viability of the program.

Several years ago it was absolutely a valid concern that failing to get over the hump and get back into the national picture could doom the program in the long term.

That is clearly no longer the case.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I believe Hurley is going to push until the ride is done, foot on the gas isn't just an expression to him, it's literal.
As a fan I expect to win it all until we don't & then hope on next year. I'm sure most of us feel like UCLA fans felt back during their run, then 12 years later they amassed 10 titles, now I'm not saying thats going to happen but records were made to be broken & why not us...
Let it ride!
200.gif

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awy

Top Bottom