More pressure for the B2B or the B2B2B | The Boneyard

More pressure for the B2B or the B2B2B

Reaction Score
I think the triple would be icing on the cake, and a fun goal for a young developing team. No expectations but……

The double felt more like we had to do it!

Reaction Score
I think the triple would be icing on the cake, and a fun goal for a young developing team. No expectations but……

B2B because the the gap in accomplishment between winning 1 and winning 2 in a row is much bigger than the gap between winning 2 in a row and 3 in a row. If we had lost to Purdue, as awesome as this last 15 months had been, we would still just be a team that won a championship and then had a really excellent year following it up. 2 in a row in men's college basketball is immortality.

Reaction Score
I still can’t believe they won the second, thinking about three in a row hurts my brain.

But, they did win it and also managed to snag a 5 star recruit late in the process and retain all three assistants, all while not losing any production or potential to the transfer portal and gaining talent from it.

Next, the program should get a ton of positive attention from the draft process. They stay winning.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
No pressure this year. No one expects them to win 3 in a row
Brie Larson Kinda GIF by National Geographic Channel

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score

This upcoming season is house money but, if in a situation where you're up $40k and know you have no option other than to play for another few hours I would greatly prefer leaving the table a few hours later up $65k than leaving the table up $15k.

No pressure this year. No one expects them to win 3 in a row

Yeah, but with a competitive nature (which I am very confident our entire staff, entire roster and nearly the entirety of our fan base has) the goal is to win and to put your best effort into the trying to win. If someone beats us, it won't be without our fighting until there is nothing left. I can live without the title if the effort is there. I cannot live without the effort to try to bring home another trophy.

Reaction Score
There was basically no pressure coming into last year to go back to back.

I think there may have been a little pressure as we got through February and into March, but only in the sense of "holy ____, this team is really special and would be a big missed opportunity not to get this done."

Next year there is no pressure whatsoever.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
All the pressure started to peel off after DH's 1st NC. Last season was a walk in the park, but the upcoming season has huge potential but also huge question marks.

Reaction Score
Maybe not?

But I can safely predict, when we a game this year the Boneyard will lose it's mind.

Reaction Score
This year will be different. UConn knew who the stars were in 2023 (Sanogo, Jackson, Hawkins) and 2024 (Clingan, Castle, Newton). We had a supporting cast could be the stars in other programs and got Spencer for last year. For next year there is 1 potential star if Karaban returns and a couple of role players (Diarra and Johnson) that will take on larger roles. The rest of the expectations will be based on potential. We saw flashes from Stewart and Ball. A couple of guys need to break out and show NBA potential. Two of the 3 freshmen and both of Reed and Mahaney have to become go-to contributors. There will be growing pains with this team

Reaction Score
No external pressure to win it, no one believes it’ll happen.

But it was obvious to me after this win that the expectation is to win it again for sure from the culture they’ve built and the team seems to get it. Even if they don’t win it, I believe that expectation, that pressure, whether from the coaches or self-imposed, is good imo for the team at this point. It’s going to create some diamonds or expose the pieces that aren’t meant to be and continue to prove our standard of culture to be higher than the rest of CBB.

Reaction Score
I predict we win 3 in 4 years. Is there a bet for that.

Reaction Score
Fun to have all of MBB rooting against UConn up and until we lose (if we do) in the tournament. Can't wait for all the ESPN talking Duke/Syracuse/Kentucky boys reaction when UConn gets to the second weekend and some of their "bluebloods" have already jumped on the bus home.
Jay (it's all about toughness) Bilas, remember your 0 for 6 predictions for the Bazz 2014 team; this team will be another classic example of toughness (and BB IQ).
Kobe, we're coming after your "golden age" Cincinnati boys who were the only team other than UCLA to get to the championship game looking for a B2B2B. Bet you have a picture of Loyola of Chicago's Terry Harkness (seemed like a great guy, RIP) on your bedroom wall that you still throw darts at.

Reaction Score
I think more attention will be given to the program nationally this year so there may be an appearance of more pressure. Ultimately I think the most pressure comes from inside the program itself and trying to live up to the standard that has been set.

Reaction Score
I think there is even less pressure for a possible three-peat. For the third straight year, it will be an entirely different team. Assuming AK comes back, both teams return just one starter. And both teams would return only 4 contributors (Ball and Stewart count as 1/2 each)

While you can make the case that the roster is still going to be one of the best in the country, the same roster isn't back to repeat like the two previous back to back winners.

Reaction Score
This year will be different. UConn knew who the stars were in 2023 (Sanogo, Jackson, Hawkins) and 2024 (Clingan, Castle, Newton). We had a supporting cast could be the stars in other programs and got Spencer for last year. For next year there is 1 potential star if Karaban returns and a couple of role players (Diarra and Johnson) that will take on larger roles. The rest of the expectations will be based on potential. We saw flashes from Stewart and Ball. A couple of guys need to break out and show NBA potential. Two of the 3 freshmen and both of Reed and Mahaney have to become go-to contributors. There will be growing pains with this team
McNeeley will have no less the star expectations that Castle had, and the same can likely be said of Mahaney. I think most people, the coaching staff included, expect the same of Stewart, as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom