More on N Car scandal | The Boneyard

More on N Car scandal

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
The sacrificial goats (lambs are innocent) will never have to work an honest day in their lives, so don't feel bad for them. By the way, they didn't in their previous tenures either. This is an orchestrated dance of puppets.

Reaction Score
Yep. No violations there :rolleyes: God forbid a school ever has an inexperienced staffer make a call to ESPN about a tour for an out of state recruit (interestingly enough if the call had been made to see the world's largest ball of yarn it would have been OK), or a coach call a 12 year old to congratulate her on her Little League play. Then, and only then, will the NCAA swiftly act to declare that an infraction has occurred. Let's face it, Emmert has his lists as in the ones that get dinged over the smallest most innocuous things, and the ones that are completely off limits even if they nuked the campus.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Of course the hypocritical fiction of the student athlete in male college football and basketball is absolutely necessary to alumni fund raising in all but the most shamelessly meat house universities. That is what is so fascinating to me about the whole 5 movement. Will TV dollars supplant the dollars of those so embarrassed that their donations cease in the face of the tawdry "Johnny Manziel times 2000 show" that is coming? I don't care. Got over the whole show long ago. But got a feeling it will get interesting way beyond the NFL farces we have endured this year.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I'd really like to hear from the fired parties. Unless they've all agreed to remain silent for compensation ;)

Of course they have. This 18-20 year formal University structure was imposed from the top down, not v-a-v. Plus it was probably codified after about 20 years of ad hoc "we're getting away with this " Never underestimate either the stupidity or the arrogance of so called academia.

Geno-ista

Embracing the New Look!!!
Reaction Score
This is so disgusting. The word Hypocracy falls way short. It's really part another form of the huge world of the racism of low expectations. Every "student" should sue the university for not even attempting to educate them.

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
Is dizzying. And the case with this guy White opens up a whole realm of questions about online courses not just for athletes but for all students, and the big question will be, who's on the other end of the line? It's hard enough ensuring any semblance of integrity in systems outside of UNC where students are generally supposed to be attending classes, but in the virtual world of MOOCs, the potential for abuse is limitless.

But at least some athletes will be getting an in-depth education in the business of college football, and that's nothing to be sneered at because there's a lot of meaningful employment within it as coaches, academic advisers and substitutes, sports ethics consultants, agents, fixers, personal medical assistants and pharmaceutical representatives, helmet repair technicians, the sideline guy who asks dazed athletes "Do you know where you are?," and on and on and on.

Reaction Score
I'd like to hear from others who have attended major universities, but I can tell you that this is going on to some extend at many other schools. Maybe at NC it was over the top, but this is more commonplace than maybe we'd like to think or admit? Hate to say it but people have turned their heads from this since forever. Just like pro teams pretending not to know about guys juicing up? It's all about wins and the big bucks that go along with it. They've got to be able to pay back these insane salaries we're paying these head coaches. I'm not at all endorsing cheating like this for any reason. I'm just saying it exists and people pretend it doesn't happen.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
As a Prof I taught many athletes, and in 41 yrs of (full time faculty) teaching I never had a single instance of pressure from the athletic dept. Not one.

It may not matter to anyone, and it may not be relevant here, but it is the truth.

Reaction Score
As a Prof I taught many athletes, and in 41 yrs of (full time faculty) teaching I never had a single instance of pressure from the athletic dept. Not one.

It may not matter to anyone, and it may not be relevant here, but it is the truth.

What subject ?

Reaction Score

Depends, Prof, if your school is making tons of money via athletics or not. I am sure most Div III schools have no such problem.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score

Thank you!

I hate the notion (and it's not just this particular scandal) that "it happens everywhere." It mitigates and, to an extent, justifies the actual wrongdoing.

What happened at UNC is an abomination and needs to be dealt with severely.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
I doubt you had to many marginal student athletes in your classes

I taught PS 101(Intro psych) many times. The large number of college-wide students(I literally taught thousands) enrolled in this course covered the diversity of the University.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Thank you!

I hate the notion (and it's not just this particular scandal) that "it happens everywhere." It mitigates and, to an extent, justifies the actual wrongdoing.

What happened at UNC is an abomination and needs to be dealt with severely.

Bury them :mad:

Reaction Score

I'm glad to hear this and good for your school.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I think they should be staked out so that the stench is an object lesson to others (but that's just me...:D)

ChicagoGG, otherwise known as Vlad The Impaler! Seriously, it seems the political wind has been sampled and the Gov, legislature and the U have determined they can brazen this out. Guaranteed the U and A Dept. still accomplishing lots of "stuff" with alternative methods and the tutor component of this chicanery is still alive and well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom