More on Molly Bent via John A | Page 2 | The Boneyard

More on Molly Bent via John A

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I was not calling anyone here out for using the term, just stating something that echoes in my mind.

Never thought you were and thoroughly agree it is sad to have language tainted and double thought. A certain fan board still regularly brings up defamatory allegations about Geno and negative recruiting in this vein - of course no basis in fact at all, but facts and logic rarely impinge on the brain pans of certain fans.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Great article! Here's the quote that I liked from this piece, it's from her father, George Bent.

“Molly is a very serious student,” said her father. “We never had to tell her as a youngster to do her homework. Actually, we would have to tell her to go to bed and stop doing her homework.”

This kid is going to snap any day now!! ;)

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Great article! Here's the quote that I liked from this piece, it's from her father, George Bent.

“Molly is a very serious student,” said her father. “We never had to tell her as a youngster to do her homework. Actually, we would have to tell her to go to bed and stop doing her homework.”

The direct link to the article is: http://capecod.wickedlocal.com/article/20150610/SPORTS/150619612/0/SEARCH

Other link produced a "Sorry Page". At least I hope the link works.

My search to find the article led to some more information - that as a freshman, in her second year on the Varsity, she was the leading scorer (13 per game) and the leading 3 point shooter. Old but informative read.

http://capecod.wickedlocal.com/article/20120210/NEWS/302109652/0/SEARCH

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Anytime we can do something to help UConn Women's Basketball while at the same time sticking it to that Vandy rat Melanie Balcomb - well, that's a great day.

Keep it classy Boneyard... keep it classy :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
The person I heard about most frequently really working to "sell" UConn basketball to potential recruits was KML. I have no doubt Caroline and many others, including Maya, have helped as well! Geno, Chris and the staff do a phenomenal job making a family environment for these girls and part of that is insuring they get the "right type" of recruits coming here, the ones that will contribute to that mindset.

I didn't know that, but it doesn't surprise me at all. Kaleena has a fabulous personality, a great sense of humor, and three National Championship rings with which to sway any recruit. She may very well have influenced her fellow Mater Dei alumna to come East. Kaleena is a special young lady on and off the court, and I think Katie Lou has the potential to follow in her magnificent footsteps.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kaleena worked to get recruits to play with her. Stewie, whom she dubbed "Baby Husky," is a prime example. Additionally, Kaleena has a cheerful, magnetic personality. People want to hang out with her--or play on her team.

Reaction Score
CocoHusky said:
Rocky I see where you are going with this but you do realize:
1) DT and Sue were in training camp maybe even playing games
2) There would have been absolutely nothing wrong, if Sue and DT were playing pickup at UCONN- The NCAA rule is that you can "occasionally" play pickup.
Excuse me!!!! DT is resting in her bed counting money

Reaction Score
Keep it classy Boneyard... keep it classy :rolleyes:

Could NEVER be as classy as your dook coach McCallie who regularly threw her players 'under the bus' in post game pressers. Could NEVER be as classy as your dook coach who addressed her disappointed players after a particularly ugly loss at UNC saying "I wish they could walk home, to be honest with you." Keepin' it classy, dookie.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Could NEVER be as classy as your dook coach McCallie who regularly threw her players 'under the bus' in post game pressers. Could NEVER be as classy as your dook coach who addressed her disappointed players after a particularly ugly loss at UNC saying "I wish they could walk home, to be honest with you." Keepin' it classy, dookie.

As far as I know.... McCallie doesnt post here on the boneyard..... so not sure why you even brought up that into the discussion :rolleyes:

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
When triadduke posts, does it automatically insert a :rolleyes: at the end of every post?
Yes - in fact I believe triad only uses emoticons to indicate things like 'I am serious - :(' 'I am angry - :mad:', and 'I am ashamed - :oops:'. At all other times one can assume some combinations of the following to be included: :cool::confused::p:D:eek::rolleyes:;). Unfortunately being a Duke WCBB supporter, he almost never has a chance to use the following: :).

:cool:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Rocky I see where you are going with this but you do realize:
1) DT and Sue were in training camp maybe even playing games
2) There would have been absolutely nothing wrong, if Sue and DT were playing pickup at UCONN- The NCAA rule is that you can "occasionally" play pickup.

This morning it dawned on me as the sun rose that DT and Sue were abroad years and years ago when a nameless/faceless person accused them/her of being at a recruit event! Paranoids make very poor reporters. So, Coco I'm giving you credit for #1 as being very clever. :)

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
DT Ring Ceremony.jpg
This morning it dawned on me as the sun rose that DT and Sue were abroad years and years ago when a nameless/faceless person accused them/her of being at a recruit event! Paranoids make very poor reporters. So, Coco I'm giving you credit for #1 as being very clever. :)
Thanks Rocky. I want to spread the credit around HuskiesU correctly pointed out that DT was more likely in bed counting her money taking off the WNBA season. To head off any potential future investigation DT is pictured here in the attached 5 days doing what she does best-collecting rings- on opening night for the Mercury.

Reaction Score
The person I heard about most frequently really working to "sell" UConn basketball to potential recruits was KML. I have no doubt Caroline and many others, including Maya, have helped as well! Geno, Chris and the staff do a phenomenal job making a family environment for these girls and part of that is insuring they get the "right type" of recruits coming here, the ones that will contribute to that mindset.
Buzzboy - good info. I put this on the long list of reasons why UConn has 10 NC. Since it starts with recruiting, UConn has the genius of Geno/CD/Shea/Marisa and the vital input of championship level players. I wonder if Lou and Collier (not experienced UConn players yet) will at least pass on some inside info about Cox?

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Buzzboy - good info. I put this on the long list of reasons why UConn has 10 NC. Since it starts with recruiting, UConn has the genius of Geno/CD/Shea/Marisa and the vital input of championship level players. I wonder if Lou and Collier (not experienced UConn players yet) will at least pass on some inside info about Cox?

You just never know do you. Yesterday it was revealed in an article that Molly Bent, an A student and keenly interested in a schools academics, and being chased by X Ivy League schools, chose UConn in part because of an internship requirement at Ivy League schools (news to me) that she did not like. Never no when a little bit of information will tip the scales.

PacoSwede

Creeker in fact
Reaction Score
You just never know do you. Yesterday it was revealed in an article that Molly Bent, an A student and keenly interested in a schools academics, and being chased by X Ivy League schools, chose UConn in part because of an internship requirement at Ivy League schools (news to me) that she did not like. Never no when a little bit of information will tip the scales.

Internship requirement? What's that all about?

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
you guys are fortunate to have so much info on your recruiting targets and new recruits

Yes - in fact I believe triad only uses emoticons to indicate things like 'I am serious - :(' 'I am angry - :mad:', and 'I am ashamed - :oops:'. At all other times one can assume some combinations of the following to be included: :cool::confused::p:D:eek::rolleyes:;). Unfortunately being a Duke WCBB supporter, he almost never has a chance to use the following: :).

:cool:

:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member