More on Doty | The Boneyard

More on Doty

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Jim Fuller and John Altavilla spent time with Caroline today which they write about in their blogs. (Maybe Rich was there too but nothing new in his blog yet.)

http://elmcitytoeaglevillenhr.blogspot.com/
http://blogs.courant.com/uconn_womens_basketball/

Fuller also watched the team scrimmage for a bit and offered a couple observations:

The Huskies scrimmages briefly, 10-15 minutes maximum and I was out there for some of it. A couple of impressions. First, Brianna Banks may not have the same range as Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis on her jumper but she is not far behind. Also, in the brief time I was out there I saw Bria Hartley drive aggressively to the basket more than I did in any practice I watched last year. If she adds that to her game on a regular season, she may end up being close to an impossible matchup for opposing teams. Hartley was also playing mostly off the ball which I see happening quite a but this year with Doty returning.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
There is some other news in the Fuller blog that I thought was very significant. Until now, Caroline had always said that it was a slam-dunk that she would come back for a fifth year because she enjoyed the college experience so much. Now she is being non-committal about that -- doesn't want to think about it, wants to focus on this year, etc., etc.

Perhaps she just means that if she has more physical problems this year, then she will call it a career and not fight her body yet another time. But if she is healthy and productive this year, it would be a shame (speaking selfishly, of course) if she didn't return next year. I believe she has the potential to be as good as Sue or Shea if she is completely healthy.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
There is some other news in the Fuller blog that I thought was very significant. Until now, Caroline had always said that it was a slam-dunk that she would come back for a fifth year because she enjoyed the college experience so much. Now she is being non-committal about that -- doesn't want to think about it, wants to focus on this year, etc., etc.

Perhaps she just means that if she has more physical problems this year, then she will call it a career and not fight her body yet another time. But if she is healthy and productive this year, it would be a shame (speaking selfishly, of course) if she didn't return next year. I believe she has the potential to be as good as Sue or Shea if she is completely healthy.

I think that is correct. If healthy, she definately comes back.

Reaction Score

IMHO, if healthy, Caroline certainly has the potential to be compared to Shea. Conversely, it would be a serious stretch to argue that she could be another Sue.

Peace,

JohnFryer

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
So our 3-point shooters include Kaleena, Brianna, Tiffany, Bria, and Caroline. Sweet!

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Banks was knocking them down with ease when I was there... KML's stroke just looks better. Banks sort of shoots like Tiff

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Banks was knocking them down with ease when I was there... KML's stroke just looks better. Banks sort of shoots like Tiff
Do you mean more of a set shot from the chest than a jump shot?

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
yup... maybe its the left hand, all lefties seem to have the same stroke IMO

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
My guess is that set shot is a remaining style left over from these kids were not strong enough to shoot a jump shot at distance.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Great photos and agree with the photographer about the similarity of KML and MM, especially the smile. Love the Dolson bug stunt.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Those are fantastic pics, I have to agree! I see a passing resemblance between the two (Maya and KML) but to me it's not enough that I would ever really make note of it. The thing that stuck out at me in these pics was Caroline's brace. Seeing it in such clear detail... it's substantial! I hope it's made out of ultra-lightweight titanium alloy or high-tech carbon fiber or something :rolleyes: Doesn't sound like it's compromising her speed too much on the court, though.

Reaction Score
Nice to see positive coverage of CD Jr., and,coincidentally Sue Bird(Jayda Evans -Seattle Times).

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kaleena looks nice and trim.

Caroline looks active and happy.

Stef looks to be having fun.

Brianna looks fast and aggressive.

That kid in the blue warm up suit really looks like a player. Oh, she was the WNBA Rookie of the Year? Makes sense. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom