More Nebrich | The Boneyard

More Nebrich

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Oh good more OT posts about a kid who hasn't been here in how long?

Sorry Pal, but this infatuation with the past is really bizarre.

He's having a great season at Fordham, and good for him. That has no bearing on how he would have done here. I could look like Michael Jordan if I play against a team of 5 year olds.

I mean, coaches want to win, even if only for self preservation. So it's not like the decision not to play him was flippant. It was what it was based on the information on hand at the time. Maybe it was a mistake. But how long are we going to rehash it??

Reaction Score

He's having a great season at Fordham, and good for him. That has no bearing on how he would have done here. I could look like Michael Jordan if I play against a team of 5 year olds.

I mean, coaches want to win, even if only for self preservation. So it's not like the decision not to play him was flippant. It was what it was based on the information on hand at the time. Maybe it was a mistake. But how long are we going to rehash it??

No way. He is one of the best QBs in FCS. There is no question that he would have been a decent QB for us. It's not like he is playing among 5 year olds.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
No way. He is one of the best QBs in FCS. There is no question that he would have been a decent QB for us. It's not like he is playing among 5 year olds.
hehe... I did not mean to imply he was playing against 5 year olds. :)

Reaction Score
I find the stuff about "former UCONN players" comical from these writers. Except for Jacobs and Diffy not one of these guys had anything to say other than to back the head coach and his life long crony till the ends of the earth! Now they are streaming out of the wood work like roaches when the lights go off! If someone can please tell me...when did Silver, Dez or ED D ever write the stuff they write about the team now while Pasqualoni and DeLeone were here I would appreciate it, because I don't remember that ever happening.

Reaction Score
I find the stuff about "former UCONN players" comical from these writers. Except for Jacobs and Diffy not one of these guys had anything to say other than to back the head coach and his life long crony till the ends of the earth! Now they are streaming out of the wood work like roaches when the lights go off! If someone can please tell me...when did Silver, Dez or ED D ever write the stuff they write about the team now while Pasqualoni and DeLeone were here I would appreciate it, because I don't remember that ever happening.

I am convinced that those three had some sort of man love going on with PGDL.

Reaction Score
I am convinced that those three had some sort of man love going on with PGDL.
Yup...and it showed when Dez "broke" the story of P getting fired at 9:41 via twitter. Warde called Pasqualoni into his office at 8:30 am to fire him. Meeting was approximately 45 minutes long. GDL was fired in a short meeting maybe 15 minutes long. No doubt in my mind that Dez's "source" to break the firing was Pasqualoni. He broke the story before some of the kids on the team knew. Doesn't matter now..it is all in the past thank god! I can't wait to see the next mancrush. Although these guys used to beat up RE pretty good if he deserved it...so maybe they will go back to being beat guys..

Reaction Score

Nice post. Paul Pasqualoni could not have said it any better. OK ?

Reaction Score
I have a question about a former player? What's Pasqualoni's golden boy, Johnny McEntee, doing nowadays?

Reaction Score
But when I saw him in high school, he went an entire half without the ball ever hitting the ground, close to 20 completions and one INT. So I'm not surprised. Too bad we choose not to give him a chance to compete for the QB job.

Never do miss a chance to beat a dead horse, do ya?

The problem with these posts is that time machines don't exist. There's literally nothing in the universe we can do about it. In the absence of any amount of control, this post is just complaining about the exact same thing the last 10 posts of the same.

Nothing has changed. Great, Nebrich is great. Pasqualoni is gone. The sun is still shining.

And you're still an insufferable whiner.

Reaction Score
http://courantblogs.com/uconn-women/fordham-displaying-might-could-have-been-for-uconn-football/

Didn't know that he had 20 straight completions a couple of games ago.

But when I saw him in high school, he went an entire half without the ball ever hitting the ground, close to 20 completions and one INT. So I'm not surprised. Too bad we choose not to give him a chance to compete for the QB job.
Remember that Warde said in his news conference after canning PGDL, that the 0-4 start was not the only reason for the firing. It was other things he saw in the way PGDL ran the team over an 18 month period. When PP was hired, one of the first things he did was to demote Joe Moorehead, who recruited Nebrich and knew how much potential he had. Christ, even I thought he was head and shoulders over Johnny Mac, from what I saw at the 2 practices I went to. Well you know what? Maybe Warde, the former Michigan lineman, thought the same thing in the back of his head but at the time deferred to his head coach with his years of experience and football wisdom. Yeah right. Then on the weekend of Sept 30, Warde reads the 4th article about how great Fordham was this year at 4-0, and a former UCONN QB was setting records all over the place AND had just beaten Temple.

Reaction Score
I honestly hope uconn would consider someone like Moorehead as the next HC. He is young, he is hungry, and he already knows UCONN. In addition, he won't break the bank. Is he the hire that will excite the fanbase? Probably not. However, it might be a different story if he win the FCS this year or at least made it to the final 4.

Reaction Score
I honestly hope uconn would consider someone like Moorehead as the next HC. He is young, he is hungry, and he already knows UCONN. In addition, he won't break the bank. Is he the hire that will excite the fanbase? Probably not. However, it might be a different story if he win the FCS this year or at least made it to the final 4.
He didn't say no to Altavilla's question, just brushed it off saying he has to get ready for Bucknell or something.

Reaction Score

NOOOOO! Nobody who has had any ties to the boringzzzzzzzzzzzzzz UConn program of PP and to a lesser extent RE. Need someone who KNOWS how to recruit and KNOWS how to put the football into the endzone on offense with a high degree of frequency (which will require recruiting playmakers).

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
This is the extent of my thoughts on Nebrich as the would be current UConn QB.

1. The guys chasing him on D would be bigger, faster and stronger.

2. The guys protecting him would be the same guys protecting CW and TB.

3. The results would be about the same or worse. Both CW and TB have shown to be more than serviceable if given time to throw. CW threw a more accurate ball and TB handles the rush better. Both make mistakes because of the pressure and both end up on their back an awful lot. Nebrich would suffer the same.

Reaction Score
NOOOOO! Nobody who has had any ties to the boringzzzzzzzzzzzzzz UConn program of PP and to a lesser extent RE. Need someone who KNOWS how to recruit and KNOWS how to put the football into the endzone on offense with a high degree of frequency (which will require recruiting playmakers).

Do you remember our 2009 offense?

Reaction Score

3. The results would be about the same or worse. Both CW and TB have shown to be more than serviceable if given time to throw. CW threw a more accurate ball and TB handles the rush better. Both make mistakes because of the pressure and both end up on their back an awful lot. Nebrich would suffer the same.
But, But, But he would have played the past 1 1/2 years and would have been firmly entrenched in the system. With the players that were here last year I believe that he would have done better than CW. 5 and 7 could have been 7 or 8 and 5. The only drawback to the scenario as we all know would have been the PGDL coaching combo.

Reaction Score

How would CW and TB do against Temple at their home field? Would either guy be 26 of 36 for 326 yards with those puny FCS offensive lineman blocking for them? I think with all due respect you are full of it. Did Paul Pasqualoni write your post for you?

Reaction Score
Unfortunately Nebrich was never given an opportunity to show what he could do, PP went with Johnny Mac and never really gave Nebrich an opporunity even with all of Mac's troubles. If anything I remember thinking that atleast Nebrich had some mobility and could make things happen with his feet.

Reaction Score
Its too late to bring Nebrich back as QB but not too late to bring him in as HC (once he graduates). I think we would need to get an older hands like Petrino to be his OC and M. Kiffen as DC, at least for the first few years.

Reaction Score
You know, I do think that after doing a little self imposed, as objective analysis as possible, Joe Moorhead should be a candidate - at least to find out if there is interest, to be the head coach at UCONN.

It's actually got nothing to do with his connections to UCONN, but everything to do with his ability to generate wins as a head coach, knowledge of the recruiting area (Pennsylvania, Ohio, Virginia, Maryland - northeast, and his age and ability to connect to players. We need to be pulling players out of Florida and Texas too, and but that's secondary recruiting territory knowledge - assistant coach jobs......

It's funny, but I spent a few minutes just looking for winning coaches right now in all levels, and put a little age filter on it, and Moorhead comes out right near the top of the list. The guy is younger than I am, and I don't know what he makes at Fordham right now, but I'd bet he'd be interested.

And that is always the key in any hire - both sides have to be interested, and it's a good idea if you can manage to get the interest on both sides, to extend beyond the $ amount.

I'd bet that Moorhead is on the list, he'd be on my list. As would Ambrose, and again, nothing to do with actually having been at UCONN before. When you look at age, winning coaches, and then think about who knows the recruiting territory - those two guys fit. There are others, BCS/FBS division 1, division 2, division 3.....but they are pretty much the list for 1-AA coaches that fit the profile I can come up with.

I think it's important that the next coach that comes in, be a young guy, with a lot of ambition to be great at the top level of college football. In fact, it's most important in what I'm looking for.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately Nebrich was never given an opportunity to show what he could do, PP went with Johnny Mac and never really gave Nebrich an opporunity even with all of Mac's troubles. If anything I remember thinking that atleast Nebrich had some mobility and could make things happen with his feet.
I saw him in practice a couple of times and thought he was ten times better than McEntee. He reminded me a lot of Matt Grothe, had a great arm, could scramble, was comfortable in the pocket, was very fast. His only negative was he was raw in a collegiate sense, made stupid mistakes, just needed PT to gain some confidence. It's ironic that a torn ACL ended Grothe's career and MN is coming back from one but it doesn't seem to have slowed him down. I"ll betcha Moorehead and PP argued about who would be their QB and PP demoted him from OC to line coach right then and there. What an , hired by an even bigger .

Reaction Score
You know, I do think that after doing a little self imposed, as objective analysis as possible, Joe Moorhead should be a candidate - at least to find out if there is interest, to be the head coach at UCONN.

It's actually got nothing to do with his connections to UCONN, but everything to do with his ability to generate wins as a head coach, knowledge of the recruiting area (Pennsylvania, Ohio, Virginia, Maryland - northeast, and his age and ability to connect to players. We need to be pulling players out of Florida and Texas too, and but that's secondary recruiting territory knowledge - assistant coach jobs......

It's funny, but I spent a few minutes just looking for winning coaches right now in all levels, and put a little age filter on it, and Moorhead comes out right near the top of the list. The guy is younger than I am, and I don't know what he makes at Fordham right now, but I'd bet he'd be interested.

And that is always the key in any hire - both sides have to be interested, and it's a good idea if you can manage to get the interest on both sides, to extend beyond the $ amount.

I'd bet that Moorhead is on the list, he'd be on my list. As would Ambrose, and again, nothing to do with actually having been at UCONN before. When you look at age, winning coaches, and then think about who knows the recruiting territory - those two guys fit. There are others, BCS/FBS division 1, division 2, division 3.....but they are pretty much the list for 1-AA coaches that fit the profile I can come up with.

I think it's important that the next coach that comes in, be a young guy, with a lot of ambition to be great at the top level of college football. In fact, it's most important in what I'm looking for.
At first I didn't think he would take the job but after reading Altavilla's article I think he might.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
How would CW and TB do against Temple at their home field? Would either guy be 26 of 36 for 326 yards with those puny FCS offensive lineman blocking for them? I think with all due respect you are full of it. Did Paul Pasqualoni write your post for you?

There is nothing in evidence that suggests our Oline is any better than one from the FCS. I'm happy the kid is doing well but the left and P let him go. Get over it or go buy Fordam season tickets.

The point is valid, he would not be doing any better under the current conditions. Not that it matters anyway, because for the tenth fridden time, our QB is not amongst the major problems with this team, so unless he turns into an NFL prospect at guard or tackle, I don't give a rip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom