More Mo! Moriah the Magnificent or whatever you want to call it. | The Boneyard

More Mo! Moriah the Magnificent or whatever you want to call it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
So as I sit here waiting for the WNBA game to start, and count the days till the season starts, and wait patiently for Uconn to update their Media Guide for the 2015-16 season, I thought I'd take a look at Moriah's stats and where she might end up. So currently:
Current Career:
FG % .547 #12 in history - second best non 4/5 behind Shea and best guard.
3FG% .414 #4 in history behind Sue, KML, and Wendy Davis
Assists 455 #14
Steals 258 #8
A/TO 2.57 - I believe this is best in school history - certainly best of all the obvious choices of guards in the last 20 years.

Individual Seasons Records:
3FG% .496 #2 behind Sue (by .001) In perspective, if she had taken and made one more three she would have shot .500.
Assists 195 Soph, 191 Junior #5 and #6 (only player with two of the best 8 seasons)
Steals 106 Soph, 100 Junior #5 and #8 (joining Sales and R.Williams as the only players with multiple triple digit steal seasons.)
A/TO - 2.95 Soph, 3.08 Junior (I believe these would be #1 and #2 in Uconn history, certainly best of the usual suspects.

Now for projections - and who knows what will actually happen - if they get to the NC game it will be a 38 game season, so fewer games. It is a deeper team as well. But I am also hoping Moriah has figured out how to start the season after really struggling for the first two months in her previous three years, rather than waiting for January or late December to shine. I am just using the same numbers for her Junior year added to her three year totals - she has been pretty consistent in raw numbers the last two years.

Projected Career
FG% .558 #7 (still behind Shea)
3FG% .450 #2 behind Sue at .459 and in front of KML at .447
Assists 646 #2 behind DT at 648
Steals 358 #2 behind Sales at 447 (wow!)
A/TO likely #1
Points 1552 tied #19
Games - 156 - tied #2 with Stewart soon to be #3 if Tuck plays five years.

Should they go 38-0, Moriah and Breanna will pass Maya for most wins, though Maya would still lead in win percentage with one fewer loss (and one fewer win.)

Should they win the NC - they will both own the most NCAA game wins and the best win percentage. Again Tuck could break those next year.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Should UCONN go 38-0 Briana Pulido would break Maya's best win percentage all time at UCONN. Lawlor & Chong would then both have a chance to break Pulido's record for best win percentage in '16-'17. Tuck would also have a chance to break Moriah and Breanna's wins record in '16-'17.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Interesting question to me would be Tuck's tournament records - does she get credit for the ones she did not play in and was not active for? Tough call - I have no issue about season records because she was certainly part of the team, and contributed during the season however briefly. But tournament games?
Her games played is certainly affected, both her freshman and sophomore seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog
Top Bottom