More Big East Expansion? | The Boneyard

More Big East Expansion?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A. I already linked this yesterday in another thread in reference to a comment by Nelson.
B. I think that you've mistaken the Boneyard for Comedy Central (wrong media platform).

Reaction Score
The Big East will expand and contract at the same time. We call it the "Oprah Manuever".

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I don't like the new Big East because, basically, I don't ever want to have to think about places like Memphis or Southern Methodist or Boise or whoever the duck* is joining this geographic duck* fest.

But, as a reminder to the original poster, the product on the field is hardly damaged by the loss of the Syracuse football program. You can replace SU's contributions there by blindfolding yourself and throwing a dart at a list of DI schools - odds are in your favor there. (In fairness, even if a school like Boise would skull duck* Syracuse every day of the week, you're probably better than SDSU. Maybe.)

But, let's call a spade a spade - they've been the worst program in the conference over the past seven or eight years. Most impressively, they've been the weakest link in a conference that also includes Rutgers.

They were the turd in the Big East punch bowl. And leaving this punch bowl for another doesn't alter reality - a turd in the nicest of punch bowls is still just a turd.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
SDSU's been much better than Syracuse in the last few years.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
SDSU's been much better than Syracuse in the last few years.

I was trying to be magnanimous.

It's not a strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member